Character Rig Reference "Explodes" when Updated

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MattVG

Character Rig Reference "Explodes" when Updated

Post by MattVG »

Hello,
I've been working on an animation and utilizing the referencing of various elements, including my main character. I blocked in the animation using a basic rig and have been updating the rig in the character's reference file. I've been updating in my main scene as I go and haven't had any problems... until today. I made quite a few changes, switched back to the main scene and when I updated the reference layer my rig "exploded".

How it should look

How it looks when I update

I removed all the animation and extraneous layers from my main scene and have made it as well as my character rig available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi5b27wkygiwp ... s.zip?dl=0

Any help on solving this dilemma is appreciated.
Matt VG
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Character Rig Reference "Explodes" when Updated

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It's a weird problem, but in the meanwhile, try this:

- Save a backup
- Open the "Rudy Beaver" file, go to Bone > Show all bones
- Select all bones and copy them
- Open the "Rig Problem Main Scene" and go to Bone > Show all bones
- Select all the bones and delete them
- In frame zero, paste the bones you copied from "Rudy Beaver"

That should fix the rig, but you will lose any animation. I will have to check the file later to try to understand why this problem happened.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
MattVG

Re: Character Rig Reference "Explodes" when Updated

Post by MattVG »

Thank you for the solution Victor. I was hoping to keep the animation, but I guess that's not possible.
It almost looks like the bone IDs (if there is such a thing) got mixed up and that various bones are attempting to take other bone positions, but I really don't know.