Anime Studio 11 WIN 10 problem

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

carfer

Anime Studio 11 WIN 10 problem

Post by carfer »

I have recently upgraded my Windows OS to version 10 (Portuguese). Everything seems Ok except that the working area has now two black bars, one under the area, the other on the left side (see attached screen shot). They are a real nuisance because the lower one hides the playback controls and the left bar covers part of the Layers and Style windows. Resizing these or the timeline window is useless.
Is anyone having the same problem? Thank you

Data:
Anime Studio version: 11.0.0.15858 (64 bit)

Computer:
Operating system: Windows 10.0.10240 Compilation 10240

Hardware:
Computer model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
System type x64-based PC
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Núcleo(s), 8 Processador(es) Lógico(s)
BIOS Hewlett-Packard F.1B, 05-10-2011
SMBIOS version 2.7
HAL Version = "10.0.10240.16392"
Physical memory (RAM) Installed 8,00 GB
Total virtual Memory 15,9 GB

Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
RAM Graphics 2.118.123.520 bytes
Controller version 9.17.10.4229
Resolution 1600 x 900 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series

synthsin75

Re: Anime Studio 11 WIN 10 problem

Post by synthsin75 »

Might try making sure AS is running on your AMD graphics card rather than the integrated Intel graphics. Just a guess, though.
carfer

Post by carfer »

synthsin75 wrote:Might try making sure AS is running on your AMD graphics card rather than the integrated Intel graphics. Just a guess, though.
Thaks a lot, synthsin75.
Although As is the only program (namely graphic ones) showing an anomaly until now, chances are that the problem is not related to AS but to some driver. This morning I was notified of an update to AMD Catalyst driver, installed it, and the situation improved a little. Both bars still remain, the lower one permanently and the right one episodically, but I got to make the affected areas visible, so there's some improvement. Otherwise, the move to Win 10 seems to have paid dividends. AS runs significantly faster and the computer is more silent and cooler than it was before. The user interface is much easier too.
By the way, how I would do that (see on what graphics AS is running)?
Thanks again

P.S. The problem is miraculously gone now, after some new Microsoft automatic updates this evening. Hope it lasts. These are teething troubles, that's for sure, but annoying ones anyway.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

There should be settings for your graphic card that allow you to specify which you want to use for any program. I can access this for my Nvidia card by right clicking an icon and selecting "Run with graphics processor", but there should be a graphics card control panel as well.
carfer

Post by carfer »

Thank you very much.
carfer

Post by carfer »

Sadly spoke too soon. The problem returned, although in a somewhat mitigated shape which allows me to work.
I've another issue with the content library. I hadn't accessed it for a long time, so I don't know if the problem existed before the upgrade to WIN 10. Although I didn't make any change in the AS installation or moved any of its folders, now I receive this error message. I recall having the same problem with one of the previous versions (I'm using AS since version 5, although quite infrequently) but can't remember which and what the solution was.
Thanks in advance

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

As far as I know, the library at least used to rely on Internet Explorer. If it still does, Windows 10 has replaced IE with a new browser. That could be the problem. I don't know how far SM is with making AS Win 10 compatible. Might try installing IE.
carfer

Post by carfer »

That's what I suspected too. Thanks again synthsin75
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

carfer wrote:Is anyone having the same problem?
I've upgraded to Windows 10 on two of my computers, same ASP version, and am not seeing any problems.