.PSD images show as white blocks in AS 9.2

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Debo

.PSD images show as white blocks in AS 9.2

Post by Debo »

Exactly as the title says. Sometimes, imported .PSD layers show up as white blocks. They export OK, but during work you can't see them; so you have no idea what you're doing basically.

Lots of things wrong with AS 9.2, my.
GregO619

Re: .PSD images show as white blocks in AS 9.2

Post by GregO619 »

I am having the same problems with imported .jpg in AS 11.
Is there a setting I missed?
Running on Windows 7 64bit.
Debo

Post by Debo »

Anime Studio, in the main, is buggy software. Unfortunately most of the people that use it have no idea what they are doing and don't notice it, so this feedback doesn't reach the programmer(s). That has been my experience on this forum.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

9.2 is old and we can't do much with the information you provided.
Can you share a psd file to see if we can reproduce the problem in 11? or at least a screenshot, so we can try to guess what is going on.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

Turn off GPU acceleration in the display quality. This should help,but occasionally windows ships and update with old video card drivers and this can also make this happen, so you may need to verify you have a current driver with the manufacturer.

I can tell you that we do try to stay up best we can on the forums, but I would never expect some report on a forum somewhere being immediately fixed by engineering. You should really be reporting these to Technical Support.

Debo, I'd beg to differ on your blanket statement. If you are having problems please report them and we will work on resolving your issue or if it is in fact a bug with Anime Studio we will look at fixing it. We strive to make the best quality product that we can. We are here to make a tool that supports your creativity.

Let us know.
https://support.smithmicro.com

p.s. We did just upgrade our backend to the support site and you will have to sign up for a new account, even if you have an existing account. Pleas use the same email. We have the history, but the nature of the upgrade forced us to have to require sign-ups again.
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Debo wrote:Anime Studio, in the main, is buggy software. Unfortunately most of the people that use it have no idea what they are doing and don't notice it, so this feedback doesn't reach the programmer(s). That has been my experience on this forum.
Can you back up any of these claims?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?