Toon Effect unchecks itself on AVI?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Toon Effect unchecks itself on AVI?

Post by SuperSGL »

Imported an avi, created in poser (no compression). wanted to try out the toon effect. double clicked on the image layer to open up the settings, selected Toon effect changed some of the settings saw the result in the editing window (the avi file ) as soon as I clicked apply or ok the toon effect becomes disabled? Had ASP 10.1 now ASP11 both do the same? Thought I got it to work once in 10 but can't recreate that. Not a big deal if it doesn't work...although it should. Any ideas?
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Toon Effect unchecks itself on AVI?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I am not on the computer right now, but probably the effect is not showed in the preview, to save resources. Try exporting the animation. The effect should be visible on the final render.
If I remember well, the developers recommended to create a new video with the effect applied and then import that video into AS, instead of the original one. That way the software won't be forced to proccess the effect all the time.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I can see the changes taking effect as Im adjusting the colors in the layers window. As soon as I click apply or OK the toon settings get greyed out The box is unchecked. I exported out any way but no effect is applied even imported that file back in ASP and same result??
Tried importing anything I exported from ASP with same results, only avi's - Images work the way they should.

A different problem all together when I imported a compressed file (thinking smaller file size) the program crashed, matter of fact any compression exporting or importing crashes the program.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

You are right. I can reproduce the problem.
I will make a report for it, so hopefully it will be fixed in the future. Thanks for posting it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Thank you !
Norman McLaren

My Animations