Smartbone bug.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Smartbone bug.

Post by eric1223 »

Hi. I am using ASP pro 11 for windows 7.

I am having a problem with the smart bones. Usually, I could use a smarbone to control another smartbone in previous versions. It was a little buggy, but it still worked. Now I'm having more problems with it. At frame zero, it does exactly what I want it to do, but from 1 onward, it doesn't. Here is the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v9or33cgbwpd ... anime?dl=0

I've gotten rid of unecessary so it would be easier to explain the bug.

1. @ frame 0, use manipulate bone tool for either/both "Parent: Head Turn"
2. Go to any other frame, and to the same. You will see that the head morphs and hair morphs, but the bones in the head layer doesn't. Whats even weirder is that the smart bones that controls the face moves, but the face doesnt move. But what I don't understand is why don't the face move...
neeters_guy

Re: Smartbone bug.

Post by neeters_guy »

So you basically have this folder structure:

Bone A (Parent: HT)
__Bone B (Head turn)--Bone C (Nose)
____Vector C (nose)

I assume this is supposed to work like this: Smart bone A rotates smart bone B, which in turns translates bone C, which moves the vector points C.

What's happening is that bone C isn't translating, even though it's in the smart bone B action. Hence the facial features driven by translated bones (nose, eyes, mouths) don't move.

The manual says you can only control bones in the same layer as the smart bone (p.100). So technically Bone A isn't allowed to drive Bone B, even though it appears to, and in fact, it doesn't.

If you try to rotate Bone B on the timeline (it won't rotate, just drag on it as if you are rotating), the facial features move! So you could animate on two bone layers, or re-rig to put all the bones in one layer, or have smart bone B translate the points directly.