AS 10 - Bones slipping after unlocking a bone

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lebostein

AS 10 - Bones slipping after unlocking a bone

Post by Lebostein »

If I unlock a bone during my animation, some connected bones of the unlocked bone are slipping a little bit. It seems like a bug.
Here an example. Open it, move to frame 32 and unlock the bone number 31. You see a little slip in the animation that makes impossible to continue the animation:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/134 ... red_2.anme

The same bug another user has found ("...but I found some odd things occur occasionally with locking and unlocking bones, like sort of popping from a locked position into another position in the next frame..."):
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25466&p=142103&hil ... ng#p142103

The option "Auto-assist with bone locking keyframes" (Adds an extra keyframe when bones are locked or unlocked to prevent them from “drifting”) has no effect. This option inserts a new bone angle key frame one frame before unlocking, but in that frame no angles are set....
Lebostein

Re: AS 10 - Bones slipping after unlocking a bone

Post by Lebostein »

Anime Studio Manual:

"Bone locking is an animated parameter. You can turn on and off bone locking as many times as you want during an animation. This is especially useful when making a character walk - lock a bone as soon as a foot hits the ground, and unlock it just before the foot is to leave the ground for its next step."

Wow! Sounds easy and very useful. But this don't work. Try it with simple examples. Try to move bones, turn on locking for one, move bones again and unlock the locked bone. You see a snapping, that destroys you animation. Why this key feature of an animation program don't work? Is this a problem of version 10?

Here is a detailed description with a little example:
viewtopic.php?p=152985#p152985