Several problems w AS Pro 10 on the project I am working on

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stealingfeathers

Several problems w AS Pro 10 on the project I am working on

Post by stealingfeathers »

Hello. I run into many issues while working with AS but I rarely try to find out what's up. This time, I'm especially frustrated. I hope someone can help.

I am using AS Pro 10.1.1 Build 13559 64 bit.

I generally use this PC:
Intel core i7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHz. 16 GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M. 64 bit windows 8.1.

Problems

1. Seen this before with a couple of previous projects: My audio goes from 2 channel to 1 channel when I use the zoom camera to get a close up of a layer. To say it another way: My audio file is stereo and I hear the sound out of both R and L speakers only up until the frames where I have used the zoom camera for a close up shot of objects on a layer. At that point, I hear sound out of only the left speaker. It goes back to both speakers starting on the frame where the zoom camera has been reset to the default value.

2. Crayon effect seems to pulsate like it is on its own animation loop. Is it supposed to do that?

3. Particle effect, RAIN, looks pixelated and blurry when I render my animation. Why? Is there a setting I don't have right? Is there a secret or trick that I am not aware of.

4. Multiple crashes. Sorry, I won't be able to be specific in this post, but this program sure does crash often for things that seem pretty basic for working on an animation. The program seems to be very touchy about the smallest and simplest activities.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
synthsin75

Re: Several problems w AS Pro 10 on the project I am working

Post by synthsin75 »

stealingfeathers wrote:1. Seen this before with a couple of previous projects: My audio goes from 2 channel to 1 channel when I use the zoom camera to get a close up of a layer. To say it another way: My audio file is stereo and I hear the sound out of both R and L speakers only up until the frames where I have used the zoom camera for a close up shot of objects on a layer. At that point, I hear sound out of only the left speaker. It goes back to both speakers starting on the frame where the zoom camera has been reset to the default value.
1. In the audio layer settings, audio tab, disable Spatial positioning. This option, enabled by default, allows the audio for that layer to move in relation to, say, a character it is grouped with.
stealingfeathers

Post by stealingfeathers »

Awesome. I will change that setting right away. Thank you much.

And it worked! Obviously you knew it would. I'm relieved to solve one of the problems so far!
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

stealingfeathers wrote: 2. Crayon effect seems to pulsate like it is on its own animation loop. Is it supposed to do that?
Make sure you have minimize frame to frame randomness selected, in the crayon settings dialog.
stealingfeathers wrote: 3. Particle effect, RAIN, looks pixelated and blurry when I render my animation. Why? Is there a setting I don't have right? Is there a secret or trick that I am not aware of.
This is hard to know without seeing the output and possibly the file, but maybe you accidentally set blur radius or motion blur on the particles layer? Or antialias is turned off in render settings. Or are you using a compressed movie codec like mp4 for export? Things that move fast like that might get compressed more.
stealingfeathers wrote: 4. Multiple crashes. Sorry, I won't be able to be specific in this post, but this program sure does crash often for things that seem pretty basic for working on an animation. The program seems to be very touchy about the smallest and simplest activities.
It would be great, if you could report these to tech Support. From our testing the app is very stable and it might just be something specific to your system or projects or preferences that is causing a problem. We are not adverse to hear about crashes, as we want to fix them. Ofcourse we need details and specifics when you report it, or we won't have anything to go on. Steps to repeat, machine specs, samples files…etc.. We'd love to try and help you work through those issues.

Thanks, Jason-
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall