Problem with stroke

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

Problem with stroke

Post by KuzKuz »

Hi, i hope stroke distortion, on sharp corners, will be fixed in future.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Problem with stroke

Post by Víctor Paredes »

In the meanwhile, you can paint that portion of the line again, so you will get a rounded cap in the middle of the stroke.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks, this should be helpful.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

works well unless the stroke colour is less than 100% alpha. (when the part with two overlaid strokes is a different colour from the rest)

another approach is to have two paths - in this example: one vertical (3 points) and one horizontal (2 points). the two points at the elbow are very close but NOT welded. select all 5 points and create a shape -- and this does give the desired result for semi-transparent stroke colours.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

hayasidist wrote:works well unless the stroke colour is less than 100% alpha. (when the part with two overlaid strokes is a different colour from the rest)

another approach is to have two paths - in this example: one vertical (3 points) and one horizontal (2 points). the two points at the elbow are very close but NOT welded. select all 5 points and create a shape -- and this does give the desired result for semi-transparent stroke colours.
I'm not sure I'm following you. In the example I painted the new shape with other color, just to illustrate what was going on. In a "real world" case, you just need to paint the new shape with the same color the one under it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

the work area here has two (nearly) identical shapes. Note that the stroke colour has about 50% alpha:

this is the render. adding a second shape using the same stoke colour (i.e. 50% alpha) over the points leads to a darker stroke. Like I said, if you're using 100% aplha then no problem with the method suggested. If not ... The object on the right is one shape created from two lines that are not actually connected.

Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hi. Well, I'm not in front of AS right now, but there should not be any problem with this kind of "composed" semitransparent strokes as long as all of them be part of the SAME stroke/shape or, IOW, they sum up one stroke in total. That being said... I'm TOTALLY for better and more (miter at least) stroke corners in AS :)
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

I ve had this problem before. try simply turning Legacy curve off or on (forgot which way) in your layer settings.