Something odd going on when scrolling backwards on timeline.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Something odd going on when scrolling backwards on timeline.

Post by eric1223 »

This one doesn't seem too much of a big deal, but its minor a nuisance. Every time I scroll backwards, my character head pops up for some reason, even though there are no frames there. When going forward on the timeline, it looks the way its supposed to look.

Anywhere you go backwards on the time line except frame 0-2, this happens. It seems to export okay, judging from the render preview. This sort of reminds me of the problem I had with bone dynamics, but this seems to export okay.

Here is the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcftu3rd8177s ... 0here.anme
heyvern

Re: Something odd going on when scrolling backwards on timel

Post by heyvern »

I've never seen this behavior before... but it is possible it may have happened and I didn't notice. Scrubbing "backwards" is something that I don't really pay much attention to "odd things" because... well... backwards doesn't matter. ;) Honestly though, I think I would notice something like this.

This is just a wild guess. I believe it has something to do with your smart bone actions and possibly some incorrect key frame interpolations? Or some overlapping of some keys somewhere? There are so many things going on in all the actions it's hard to tell what's moving where without careful analysis.

I couldn't spend the time looking at every key frame of the actions to track down the cause, but in your "look down" action, there is one key on frame 96, the backwards scrolling appears to force that smart bone action to display the "default" position before frame 96 where the key is for that action. It seems that there may be some kind of "step" interpolation somewhere or possibly some other weirdness. It's as if scrubbing backwards causes that action to "stop working", defaulting to it's "frame 0" position.

Also I don't think this would be a cause, but there is the parent bone action rotating a head bone action. Shouldn't be a problem at all but who knows.

-------

Just to be sure this isn't a "bug" introduced with some recent updates, I opened one of my own files that uses a very similar type of head turn with smart bone action set up and it doesn't have any issues when scrubbing backwards. My head turn is very similar, moving bones, moving layers, points etc.

The main difference for my project is that I didn't use a second bone layer inside the body layer. I have all bone controls in the parent. I do have a head group layer inside the body but it doesn't have any bones. It could be something to do with nested bone layers.

Since this doesn't effect the final export or "forward" scrubbing it is as you said, only a nuisance... but... it could also be a sign of some other problem that hasn't shown up yet.

The trick here is to find exactly what is causing this in a really really simple file. I will try this when I get a chance.
eric1223

Re: Something odd going on when scrolling backwards on timel

Post by eric1223 »

I noticed another bug with this file.

If u add a keyframe to the character bone layer, then set the keyframe to noisy interpolation, something odd happens when u try to set different values. You can't use decimals for the amplitude. When you do, it sets it to to just the whole number. idk about the scale yet because I didn't try it yet :roll: