Layers and White Line Around Hidden Edge

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nwboy74

Layers and White Line Around Hidden Edge

Post by nwboy74 »

I have two vector layers, one on top of the other and with the same fill color. When I render, it displays a white outline around hidden edges which is very distracting. I originally thought it was a defect of antialiasing but even when I render without antialiasing I get the artifact. Does anyone have a solution to this?

See image below. Notice in crotch area there is a faint white line where the top layer ends. I am using Anime Studio Pro 10 on Windows 7.

nwboy74

Re: Layers and White Line Around Hidden Edge

Post by nwboy74 »

Additional information: the layers are in a masked group layer (for the stripes down the sides). They have exclude strokes on the mask. I unchecked that and the white line went away.
davidweese

Post by davidweese »

I have a fix for you, friend. I have to say first that if ASP had more than 3 people on the freaking planet using this software in a professional environment it would have been fixed years ago. Drives me bananas when software is *almost* awesome but then a few stupid oversights threaten to make it unusable.

Anyway, here's your fix. I had a similar situation and this worked for me. I deleted the offending edges and simply re-added (A key) and re-hid (H key) them. In my case the shape also contained several other shapes (the mouth - these are all in a single layer).

By re-adding the edges, because the shape was re-created (re-recognized, refilled, whatever you want to say) the contained shapes (mouth) got hidden, effectively moved to the bottom of the z-order.

I tried selecting those shapes and pressing the up arrow key multiple times. This failed. So I took the contained shapes, CUT them to the clipboard, then pasted back in. This causes them to paste in back at the TOP of the z-order, making them once again visible.

You can see the problematic frame in the img below. After this fix the white lines were gone.
Last edited by davidweese on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidweese

Post by davidweese »

Bax

Post by Bax »

Same problem here, also the same with stroke exposure 0. An object with an animated stroke exposure going down to zero thickness leaves a white line. And I want to use it in a productive environment.