Crash on export

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

Crash on export

Post by Nicohk92 »

After trying a few formats, it always crashed at the same place very close to the end of my clip.

At that part, the scene is at its most loaded and camera does a sudden move.

I identified the frame causing problem and ASP crashes even when doing a simple image render (cmd -R) on it.

Before it crashes, I can see element appearing in the render window one by one and it appears to crash when trying to render a bunch of character wizards guys with a colorize effect to the group (even after I erase all un-necessary switch layers and such). (my console report also point to some asp content but that's the limit of knowledge in it)

I'm fixing permissions, will try a restart. I hope I can find a solution.
biblesinger

Re: Crash on export

Post by biblesinger »

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with v10 dude. A lot of people are with this version. I can't even export a obj or pov file myself. Tech gives you the run-around, giving a bunch of 'reasons' why it 'may' be crashing. It's not permissions Nicohk. SM simply screwed up on this version IMHO - and that's ok and all, just give us a patch release for cryin out loud.

I spent $100 on the upgrade and haven't even opened it since then due to all the crashes. What we need is an update patch. Since this version is worthless to me, i bit the bullet, bought Toon Boom Animate Pro, and haven't had ONE problem on ANYTHING i've worked on - not to mention this thing is awesome!

Sorry i wasn't any more help..
Timothy
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Can you share the anme file? Maybe we could find the problem.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Thanks Selgin but i finished my project a while ago. luckily i always found workarounds. I can t imagine how difficult it must be for those who don t have top notch machines.

Now Thimoty you got me curious about ToonBoon. Could you do a quick run down of the pros and cons?

Don t get me wrong, i always praise asp and used to it, it would be hard for me to abandon so many great features. just curious that s all