Select Points Wierdness

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Select Points Wierdness

Post by DK »

Hi.
Just thought I should mention this in case anyone else had this happen. I am working on a TV comercial using AS 10 and it is quite an intense project with a lot of points and imported media. All of a sudden I could not select points in the object I was working on...so I closed doen AS and re-opened twice.....still I could not select points or even fills. I then dragged the timeline off frame 0 and suddenly It all worked!!!!! This has happened twice now on the same project and it's got me slightly nervous to say the least. Anyone else had this happen?

Cheers
D.K
heyvern

Re: Select Points Wierdness

Post by heyvern »

i haven't been able to reliably recreate this issue, but I have experienced this with bone tools as well. All of a sudden, the tools don't work. Can't select a bone. I have noticed that it might have something to do with "window focus", clicking in the work window on an area with nothing in it will sometimes fix it. In most cases restarting would solve it though. It seems to happen with the action window open.

Like I said I haven't encountered this very much at all and so I had no idea what caused it in the first place. I am going to put a note on my computer to remind me if it happens again to try and write down what I was doing before it happened. ;)
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Vern.
It just happened again!!! Nothing I did could bring it back to life though....I did notice that all three times it has happened I was working between Tabbed projects. I'm stumped!!

Cheers
D.K
Fuzatron

Post by Fuzatron »

Could enabling/disabling GPU free up the points somehow maybe? Seems that a lot of issues might stem from the new GPU related changes(?) I won't be using 10 on any "work" work until they release a more polished point release :(
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Fuz.
I disabled my AS GPU setting weeks ago due to screen display wierdness so we can rule that one out. Good suggestion though!

Cheers
D.K
ophir

Post by ophir »

Hello,
has anyone solved this problem ever since?
I´m having the same issue, suddenly I can´t select any bones nor use the bind layer tool (AS 9.5)
The bones have also shifted in frame 0, but that doesn´t affect the animation, and in frame 1 it looks fine.
Tried restarting a few times, but it didn´t help...
DK

Post by DK »

As far as I know nothing has been done although the issue hasn't been happening to me lately so maybe there was a bug fix that made it go away? Who knows. Sorry to hear it is happening to you though, it is very frustrating. Maybe a re-install might help?

DK
ophir

Post by ophir »

Hi DK,
thanks for your reply. I just found out that it had happened after I had moved the sequence forward in time. So frame zero where I had set up the rigging wasn´t on zero any more, but beyond the visible timeline. Once I moved the sequence back in its original place, I could select bones again.
DK

Post by DK »

Good to hear!

Cheers
DK