Actions and new Bones

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

woody173@live.co.uk

Actions and new Bones

Post by woody173@live.co.uk »

Hi I have just bought AS 10.....Great improvements I must say.

Although I am still pretty new at Anime Studio I thought I could learn more by giving myself a project. I have looked through the numerous tutorials and cant find the solution.

But I do have a few queries that I dont understand. I am trying to rig a character that I have redrawn and am trying to use the smart bones to correct certain deformities when the character moves. I have used one bone and rotated it one way and corrected the problem but in the actions panel that one is highlighted blue, An when I try and rotate the same bone the other way by renaming the bone to -2 the amendment doesnt work in the main timeline. It does work in the actions panel when i double click the B2-2 action though. I must be doin something wrong or AS 10 may have bugs I dont know but can anyone please help?

A have also noticed there is a disc I can buy with rigged characters. Does anyone know how I can find out whats on the disc before I buy purely to see if what I need is available.

Using WIn7 with loads of memory and a brill graphics card so cant imagine its a hardware problem
heyvern

Re: Actions and new Bones

Post by heyvern »

When you create a second "Smart Bone" you put the "2" after it with a space, no hyphen.

Like this:

B2
B2 2

or..

left bicep
left bicep 2

The actions must be named exactly the same as the bone.

Also the second smart bone action must have a different rotation of course. If the two actions rotate the smart bone the same way they both won't work.