I'm mistaken. Layers & objects can be added on any frame.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JeremyLavine

I'm mistaken. Layers & objects can be added on any frame.

Post by JeremyLavine »

Edited (March 2nd 2014)

synthsin75 brought to my attention that with a simple tweak in Anime Studio's Preferences, unchecking "Enable drawing tools only on frame 0", you can add layers and objects on any frame in the timeline.

If for some reason you need to go to frame 0, but then return to exactly where you was working in the timeline, you can use shortcuts mentioned by hammerjammer, or the simple script below which performs this function. The script takes you to frame 0 at a push of a button, and pushing it again returns you to the frame you was working on. It works for all versions of Anime Studio:

http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12048 (Easy to follow instructions for placing this script into Anime Studio's script folder.)

Thanks synthsin75, hammerjammer for your help!

rylleman, if you're still around, thanks for your script!
Last edited by JeremyLavine on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammerjammer

Re: Link to lua script to improve Anime Studio workflow.

Post by hammerjammer »

Hello

In less I misunderstood what your trying to tell us. BUT, I am running AS 9.5 and don't need a script to that.

On your keyboard---> press and hold Ctrl Shift D and it will take you to frame zero. Make the changes you need to, Then Press Ctrl shift D again and you will
return to the frame you were working on last.

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
synthsin75

Re: Link to lua script to improve Anime Studio workflow.

Post by synthsin75 »

In the preferences "Enable drawing tools only on frame 0" keeps you from using the drawing tools and creating most layer types on frames greater than zero. Try disabling that preference.