Font missing

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

spar9zedou

Font missing

Post by spar9zedou »

Hello all, I researched the forum with no success so here's my problem:

I'm on a MacbookPro, snow leopard, running Asp 9.5

The font Gill Sans Ultra Bold, which shows in my font book and any other software doesn't show in anim studio.

And it's just the font i need to animate.

Any pointers? what am I missing?

Thanks
heyvern

Re: Font missing

Post by heyvern »

It may have to do with what type of font it is and how it's made available to the system. Is it a "computer" font? A "user" font? I use to know how fonts worked on mac really well but it's changed a bit. In the past some fonts were only available to some types of applications if they were installed directly in the system. I know that there are TTF or TTC (true type) and OTF (open type) fonts that are used by the Mac OS.

Not sure exactly what type or how fonts are supported in Anime Studio, but it's possible that the particular Gil Sans you have installed is not the type that ASP can use or it isn't available to it for some reason.

I have had issues with some applications that can't see fonts that work fine but are really really really old type 1 fonts or they were installed for a user instead of the computer, or there were errors with the font format (damaged or something) sometimes fonts work great in most apps but are actually "on the edge". They still work with Mac OSX but... er... they are kind of old and I'm too cheap to buy new updated versions as long as these work. When I find an app that absolutely won't work with some old font type, I buy a replacement.

Check a font that is available to ASP and compare it to your GIl Sans and see what the difference is, like location or font type or how it's installed/available to the computer. In Font Book you can apply fonts to the WHOLE computer or to a single user. Not sure how that might effect access in ASP.

Another mistake I have made is the "name" of the font and how some apps display it. Sometimes it's there... but I skip right over it because the name is displayed slightly differently.
Easedale

Re: Font missing

Post by Easedale »

I've got exactly the same problem on Win 8.

Installed some new fonts, all working in Libre Office but not appearing in AS 10.

I've tried rebooting for the fonts to be registered but not working.

Any suggestions on how to fix gratefully received