Lines and Gradients - Beginners Problem or Bug?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HeiKu

Lines and Gradients - Beginners Problem or Bug?

Post by HeiKu »

I'm a beginner with Anime Studio Pro.
For the last 3 weeks I learned a lot with the help of this forum and by studying nearly all the youtube tutorials I could find.
But although I managed to understand the "thinking" of the program and and to use the general concepts effectively, I still get to have unexpected issues with minor features like the colour of lines and gradients.

I don't know if it's a bug or my beginner's mistake, but in my latest animation some strange green line halo problems occurred, that I wasn't able solve.
And in some of my shape gradients the indicators were multiplied, when I shape selected them to change the gradient (although besides this unwanted effect the gradients were okay).
I attached an image with screenshots of the problems. I hope somebody has an explanation for them, so that I can avoid them in the future…

Genete

Re: Lines and Gradients - Beginners Problem or Bug?

Post by Genete »

The green pixels comes from the original green lines you did. You didn't erase the green shape but created a new one on top of it (using its shared points structure).
Possibly same happened with gradients.
BTW, very nice character... Gulliver?
-G
HeiKu

Re: Lines and Gradients - Beginners Problem or Bug?

Post by HeiKu »

Oh, thank you so much for this explanation!
As I struggled a lot with Animes colouring concept, I had a lot of tries and errors with the line colours and gradients of these shapes.
So I'm sure you're right and that's exactly what happened.
I'm glad you helped me to understand this.

And btw: Gulliver is a good guess, too. But he's supposed to be Friedrich Schiller, throwing a book…
(I will post the final animation in the forum).