Keyboard Shortcuts Sometimes Don't Work Until Restarting AS9

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Keyboard Shortcuts Sometimes Don't Work Until Restarting AS9

Post by 94253 »

After working in AS Pro 9 for a while, it stops recognizing my key strokes. I will press G to switch to the lasso tool but when I click I find the earlier tool is still active. (Clicking the select tool icon works.) I will press Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V but nothing will be pasted. (Clicking Edit | Copy and then Edit | Paste works.) All keyboard shortcuts are affected.

At first I thought there was a problem with my keyboard not recognizing key presses, but if I click to another window (such as my web browser) my keyboard works fine there. When I switch back to AS Pro 9 my key presses again are not recognized. That's why I think this isn't my keyboard's problem.

If I close AS Pro 9 and restart the application, my keyboard works again. At least for a while until the problem returns. I'm using the Mac version. Has anyone else experienced this behavior before? It's very sporadic but quite annoying when it does happen.
synthsin75

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts Sometimes Don't Work Until Restarting

Post by synthsin75 »

I have noticed that the shift or alt key acts like it's stuck sometimes. Pressing each will "remind" AS neither is held down.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts Sometimes Don't Work Until Restarting

Post by 94253 »

That could be what's doing it; thanks. I'll pay closer attention to see if I can use Alt or another key to fix the issue without restarting the program.

Also I forgot to mention I'm using AS Pro in 32-bit mode. I almost never used it in 64-bit mode, though, so I don't know whether that might make any difference. I get MP3 files from most of the voice talent I work with so 64-bit mode isn't an option until I train them to switch formats. :)