Problem animating with image textures and smart bones

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eyebot

Problem animating with image textures and smart bones

Post by eyebot »

Hey all,

I've been rigging a head and animating with smart bones and came into a bit of an issue. The character's head has an image texture, I want the texture to "move" with the head, when I go to make the head turn in the action using the point and the fill option to animate the texture location, it looks fine. However, when I go to the mainline and make the head turn, the texture doesn't animate but also doe not repeat either, even though it was keyframed in the action. Anyone aware of this and know a way around it or fix for it?
Eyebot
dueyftw

Re: Problem animating with image textures and smart bones

Post by dueyftw »

Your doing something wrong. Post your file and I will take a look at it.

Dale
eyebot

Post by eyebot »

Eyebot
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

I've had a quick poke at the face fill on the leftRight action only -- couple of issues with this as far as I can see.. the translation of the fill control handle is too large so (e.g.) the "reference spot" just up and (character) left of the (character) right eye moves away too far. Better alignment and reducing the distance that the fill control moves remedies this .. BUT.. as the head turns (and you've done this with the eyes), you'll need to squeeze one side of the fill and stretch the other. Hope that helps.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Your not doing nothing wrong. AS fills don't follow movements.

The best I can come up with is to make your face image as a PNG and try to fold it using bones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdukts20er92qi5/face%202a.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax4ygmuqp5yhwbj/test2.anme

The trick is to move the image with the eyes and mouth then fold it by shorting or lengthening the bones. It is easier to make the image move first and then have your eyes and mouth move with it.

Sorry but I don't have the time to fix this.

Edit!!!!
I'm not thinking. ignore above, it is the hard way of doing this.
Use a mask and move your image in your actions to match the eyes and mouth.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/da98zq94d6ktvjc/test3.anme

I made one vector layer to use as a reference to help get the image movements right in your actions.

One more thing, your image is huge. You will have very long render times because of it. Make it smaller.

Dale