AS Pro 9.5 crashes

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

quikib

AS Pro 9.5 crashes

Post by quikib »

Got 9.5 last week, and while I love it, it doesn't like any camera movement, and crashes every time I export a shot (via QuickTime, in 32-bit mode) with even the simplest pan in it. I intend to report this bug officially, but was wondering if anybody else has encountered this problem and whether they managed to resolve it.
heyvern

Re: AS Pro 9.5 crashes

Post by heyvern »

I did a bunch of tests with various files and camera panning and zooming. Also I haven't seen any issues previously with existing camera movement keys and exporting. I am on a mac though. Did you check to make sure it's the camera movement by deleting all the keys for the camera and exporting? Also make sure there isn't something else. Try testing different export options just to make sure. I know it's a pain in the arse to check things but it can help track down your specific issue.
quikib

Post by quikib »

Definitely the camera move, yes. In fact unless the camera stays exactly where it is on frame zero, it crashes. I'm on a PC, though. Should clarify that it's only when outputting as H.264.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I did some research and this appears to be a QT for windows exporting to h.264 problem with ANY application and is not an Anime Studio problem. Apparently even Premiere CS6 was crashing on windows exporting to h.264.

There were some workarounds, like simply not using h.264, using mp4 instead, or using a "non windows" h.264 but I don't even know how that would work with ASP.

Someone mentioned that it was the resolution of the output that caused the crash. You may want to try different output resolutions to see if it works at smaller sizes.