Flickering Bitmaps in UI - maybe a bug?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Animark

Flickering Bitmaps in UI - maybe a bug?

Post by Animark »

Hello,

I just updated to 9.5 and found a strange behavior I like to report here. It is also possible I am doing something wrong and would like to get a helpful hint how to prevent it.

How to find the bug:
1. Import some bigger bitmaps (about 2000 x 2000 px) and put it in a bone layer. It is also possible to import a layered Photoshop-document.
2. Be safe to NOT have any vector-layer in the layer stack

The bug: Now it is not possible to use the "Show Output Only"-option from the View-menu. When you are hovering withe the mouse around the different top-menues, the imported images are flickering and disapearing for moments.

I found out that this is only happen, when not having a vector-layer inside your project. When you add a new vector layer everythings works fine even in the same composition as before. I added two pictures to demonstrate. Picture 2 shows the bug. Now I know how to handle it, but it has taken some time to find out and before I was been very irritated.

Maybe someone can confirm this behavior.
Thanks from Animark

Edit: Windows 7 / 64 Bit (uptodate), Bug appears in 32 and 64 Bit mode of AS 9.5
Last edited by Animark on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: Flickering Bitmaps in UI - maybe a bug?

Post by synthsin75 »

I have already reported this. Try disabling GPU acceleration in the preferences. That should help.

I've referenced your post in the bug report, as it includes behavior I hadn't noticed.
Animark

Post by Animark »

Hi synthsin75,

thanks for your answer and the helpful information about the GPU acceleration :-).
Animark

Post by Animark »

After reading another topic (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24545) about that problem I think it could be helpful to add my graphic card specs:

Win 7 / 64
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 card
Driver: 320.49 (seems to be the newest driver)