no disk in the drive error

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

danielandrus

no disk in the drive error

Post by danielandrus »

I'm getting the following pop up error. Anyone knows what causes this and how can i fix it?

danielandrus

Re: no disk in the drive error

Post by danielandrus »

no one has any idea of what could be causing this or a possible solution?
The error pops when opening a file, or animating any points. (morphs/actions)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This is a system error and is probably not related to Anime Studio at all. It could be caused by an external drive that isn't mounting or a flash thumbdrive that you disconnected improperly.

Is it possible you linked an image layer in Anime Studio to a file on the missing drive? Normally in Anime Studio if there is a missing file like an image layer, the program will alert you on opening it that the file is missing ask if you want to find it.

check this link to see if it has anything to do with your system:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330137
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If you google this error there is a ton of answers, some related to XP specifically and others related to spyware or malware. I would seriously think about getting your machine checked out just in case it's the later.
bill_lake

Post by bill_lake »

I have researched this problem, having been frustrated by it before.

The problem is a bug, but there is a work around.
The bug is that once you import a .dat lip synch file into an .anme file, the reference remains permanent in the .anme file code forever, even if you delete that .dat file from the .anme file. Whenever you do anything that references the points in the mouth switch folder, AS looks for the .dat file referenced in the .anme file, even though you may no longer be associating it to the switch folder.

When AS looks for the .dat, If the .dat isn't on the original file path (full pathname) it generates the windows message. I ran into this when one of my animators would test his rigs with a .dat file, then strip the .dat out and send me the character .anme file.

There are two work arounds which I have tested: load a new .dat file such or even an empty one if you just want to clear the error, or open the .anme file in a text editor and erase the line that references the .dat file. I suggest the latter the first time so you can see the code and verify that I'm right (search .
".dat". But it is easier to just load an empty .dat file.

-Bill