AS9 Pro Audio does not export?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DrGhaedi

AS9 Pro Audio does not export?

Post by DrGhaedi »

I've spent several hours trying to render a video without losing the audio. I inserted a WAV file into the anme project and used it as a voice track; it plays just fine in there. However, no matter what format that I try to render the clip in - animation, H.264, MPEG - nothing works. Moreover, nobody who I have texted the animation to can hear any sound. But oddly enough, I can hear the sound just fine when I open the file up with SmithMicro's Voila. Any ideas? Sounds like this is a Quicktime issue?
just because nobody understands you does not make you an artist
Ronbo

Re: AS9 Pro Audio does not export?

Post by Ronbo »

Are you using Quicktime 10 by any chance? If so, you may want to take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23098
DrGhaedi

Post by DrGhaedi »

Ronbo wrote:Are you using Quicktime 10 by any chance? If so, you may want to take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23098

Yes, I am using Quicktime 10. I followed your suggestion and downloaded version 7.7. Unfortunately, because I updated my Macbook to Mountain Lion Apple has strong armed us into using Quicktime X and am now forbidden by the Cupertino Gestapo from installing version 7. Any ideas where to go from here? As always, thank you for helping Ronbo. Really appreciate the prompt response.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

You may have used the link I posted early in that thread, but Not An Artist posted a better link later in the thread for a QT7 version that specifically works with Mountain Lion. He's got it installed and working on his computer with OSX 10.8. Look here for the Mountain Lion version: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3678
DrGhaedi

Post by DrGhaedi »

Thanks Ronbo, you were definitely right about version 7 vs 10. The only question that I have now is what to do when I want to text or email a cartoon out? Any way around the lack of audio?
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Well, I just open the movie that I saved in QT7, then click on File>Share>small,medium,or large. This will export a compressed version with audio to Mail, where you can either send it or save it to your download folder for future use. There are other ways to compress, of course, but this is simplest.