ASP9 disables ASP8?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DVTVFilm

ASP9 disables ASP8?

Post by DVTVFilm »

I installed ASP9 on my iMac-- (separate folder in APPS
)...

Also on that iMac is my copy of ASP8.

After the install --- ASP8 no longer loads properly-- all the menus are frozen-- windows missing-- basically the program no longer works.

(latest Mountain Lion OS)

I didn't have this problem with ASP 7 and ASP 8 residing on the same iMac (running under Snow Leopard)

Anyone else have this problem? (I kept ASP 7 on the iMac as a back up to ASP8, just in case --never needed to revert to it, though)

I kept ASP8 (since all my projects were created with it) and installed the new ASP9---- I was not expecting it would basically kill ASP8.

(I also have ASP9-Debut installed on the Imac---which has caused no problems with my trusty ASP8.)

Is this a know issue with ASP9? That all previous versions must be deleted from the APP folder?

regards

TODD
Ronbo

Re: ASP9 disables ASP8?

Post by Ronbo »

It may be an issue with Mountain Lion. I'm running OSX 10.7.5 on my iMac and ASP 8 still works with ASP 9 installed also. Even ASP 7 works.

Just for clarity, is this the sequence leading up to your problem with ASP 8?:

1) ASP 8 installed - works properly.
2) AS 9 (Debut) installed - ASP 8 still works properly.
3) ASP 9 (Pro) installed - ASP 8 no longer works properly.

If this is indeed the way it happened it sure does sound like ASP 9 is having a direct effect on ASP 8, which is odd. Hopefully someone with Mountain Lion will chime in with their feedback.
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Yes this is correct.

I will now put ASP9 on my old back-up iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 that already has:

ASP7
ASP8
and ASP9-debut.

All in separate folders in APPS--- all with no conflicting issues.

I'm a bit hesitant to do this-- since all my important ASP8 projects are sitting on there-- but we might as well make sure it's a Mountian-Lion issue. (I have TimeMachine to resurrect...)
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Okay---

installing ASP9 in my iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 did not conflict with ASP8.2 on the same iMac (or my ASP7...)

So, is this a Mountain Lion issue?
Could it be a 32 vs 64 bit issue since my older iMac with Snow-Leopard is a 32-bit intel.

In any case, ASP8 no longer works on my new/faster 64-bit iMac.
So, that's defiantly a problem --especially since there is a major flaw with ASP9 when it comes to PNG files with transparency (such as a sphere)
ASP9 turns them into total unusable junk -- so I need ASP8 to still work for image sequences.

I'll have to remove ASP9 until this is fixed-- a shame because I really like the new features ASP9 offers-- especially with the new TEXT.

I hope this is resolved quickly-- especially the PNG issue.

Here's a pix of that issue... (described in a different post...)

Image...
juniormyco

Post by juniormyco »

I had Pro 8. Upgraded to 9 with Mountain Lion. Pro 8 starts up, but when I try to open a file it says,
"File does not exist". (with 8 only)
Plus, I have 2 other issues that can't be resolved yet with #9