Image sequence ASP9 bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DVTVFilm

Image sequence ASP9 bug

Post by DVTVFilm »

I have an image sequence of 300 png files (a 10 second rotating Earth) Transparent BG around the earth.

When automatically imported into ASP8-- everything is perfect-- the renders are clean and crisp.

When imported into ASP9-- the same resulting image sequence is horrible-- jagged edges on the pngs (I mean really bad)---plus the image size of each individual png is completely wrong.

However, when I import just a single image from the folder into ASP9 that the images are located in (not using the "image sequence import script" -- but simply "import" one image)-- the png is perfect, crisp edges and properly sized.

Anyone else with this problem?

regards

TODD
DVTVFilm

Re: Image sequence ASP9 bug

Post by DVTVFilm »

Here is a sample of an ASP8 render png (part of image sequence) and the same png file in ASP9-- totally unusable...

This is a deal-breaker for ASP9 (IMHO) I use PNGs extensively and especially image sequences.

Hope this is resolved quickly.

DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

And here's a twist to this issue.

If I open the original project file built in ASP8 -- with ASP9 --- there is no problem and the PNG files function/render correctly (in ASP9).

But if I re-build the project from the ground-up in ASP9-- the results are unusable.

Perhaps this will help narrow down the problem...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Do you have "Nearest neighbor sampling" checked on the image layer settings Image tab?
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

"Nearest Neighbor" -- checked or not checked makes no difference.

Now here is another anomaly--- By importing the same pix on new layers about 10 times (frustrated) -- one of them surprisingly imported correctly.

Same with drag and drop--- out of several successive attempts (and several layers later...) -- one of the PNGs displayed correctly.

Image sequence import still always look horrible.

Here is a side-by-side screenshot of the same image imported multiple times--showing that one imported correctly.

DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Incidentally--- putting PNGs with transparency into ASP9-Debut works fine.

it's only the full ASP9 that is exhibiting this problem...