Cannot Export .AVI or video with sound

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Datawraith

Cannot Export .AVI or video with sound

Post by Datawraith »

First of all, I have to say that I like Anime Studio because of it's flexibility and features. I've used it for quite some time now and I've learned to use almost all the tools however, I haven't been able to use this program to it's full potential because exporting in .AVI and exporting with sound have both stopped working.

Exporting in .AVI is not working: Whenever I try to export a video in .AVI, it skips the "select compression" window and displays the render window for about a second where it then immediately closes the window. This have been an ongoing problem for the last 6 or 7 months and is a very serious problem for me because (for quality purposes) I can only edit uncompressed .AVI files.

I tried reinstalling Anime Studio Pro 6, reinstalling my .AVI codecs to no avail. I have tried exporting older .anme files that I have exported in .AVI format before and those ones now have the same problem. I can create an entirely new animation and it still will not export without the same problem. Whenever I export anything, I always exit all other programs to avoid interfering with the rendering. I can export in .mov and swf but I cannot use them which also brings me onto my other problem.

Videos do not export with sound: I tried to export my videos with sound but they never have it regardless of the format I use. I have gotten a video to export with sound one time before however, the sound came out very sandy even though the original audio was crystal clear and in .WAV format.

This entire thing is really beginning to bug me because it has been 6+ months and no one seems to know how to fix this.
Last edited by Datawraith on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
A device that makes bad weather. . . interesting :/
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Open the AS project and rename it and save it to some where other than where the corrupt file is. Then render it to a location other than where you rendered it before with a different name. For the sound it seems you are trying to render at a spot other than frame 0, you need to move the audio layer past the point of the render start in channels.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

Neither seemed to work. . . The sound didn't export with the .MOV and it's still not working right whenever I try to export a .AVI
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Have you tried exporting a .png sequence, and then re-combining this with the original soundtrack in a video editor?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

HMMM. usually when I get a glitch like this It usually gets fixed when I change the name and location of the file.

Also did you check to see if the audio is on frame 1 in the channel tab?

Maybe you can delete the audio and import it back?
Sorry for bad animation

Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

jahnocli wrote:Have you tried exporting a .png sequence, and then re-combining this with the original soundtrack in a video editor?
For a while I used to. I would render a bunch of .PNGs to a folder. Then I would open up Blender and export them together as a .AVI in HD. After that, it was just the problem of Audio. If I could get Anime Studio to export a .WAV, I'd be set.

Also, as far as I am aware, the audio is on frame 1. I'm going to try redoing the audio.
Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

I checked and now the sound exports, but it comes out sandy at parts. the original audio is .wav (I also tried .mp3)

Any one else have that problem? Also, I'm still having problems with .avi.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Does it render AVI at all or is it still shutting down as soon as the render starts?
Sorry for bad animation

Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

I press ctrl+E and select frames 1-303 and the export format is on "AVI movie" (only 303 frames to test my export). Only Antialiased edges, apply shape effects, and apply layer affects are check marked.

When I click OK, is shows the "save as window" and I go to save the video. (I have tried changing the name and tried to use other .anme files, including ones that I have exported .avi on before)

When I click "save" it pauses for three or four seconds, shows the render window along with the first frame, then it closes the render window immediately after. It completely skips the "select compression window" and then skips the render/export.

Overall Nothing happens.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Oh it happens on all projects? If so I have no clue what is causing this. Did you rebooting your computer?
Sorry for bad animation

Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

Yes to both questions and I have turned off my computer over the last 6 or 7 months that Anime Studio has been doing this. This is something I just did recently though it was a pain to do.

I rendered all the frames as a .PNG (Generally what I have been doing since I can't render .AVI or export with sound) and then opened all the frames in Blender 2.56.

Then I appended all the frames into a .avi (raw) and then added all the sounds using Audacity and placed all the sounds in by milliseconds. . . After wards I exported a .WAV and opened VirtualDub. From there, I opened the Raw .AVI and the .WAV and exported both out at the same time in another .avi but compressed with the Xvid Codec.

I still have to fix m Anime Studio Pro 6 but the test I did shows that I can get HQ sound and render in .AVI both compressed and raw. Just in different programs which makes me wonder what happened to my Anime Studio.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I would call support.

Have you tried to re-install AS?
Sorry for bad animation

Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

about 3 times. Also, I cannot get a response. Not sure why which is why I'm looking for someone who can help. . .

Is there some setting in Anime Studio Pro 6 that can affect it's ability to export .avi?
EHEBrandon

Re: Cannot Export .AVI or video with sound

Post by EHEBrandon »

I'm having this issue now... Not with the sound.. But every time I try to export through quicktime the render window pops but then closes right when it shows the rendering window.. I am using Anime Studio Pro 10.1... Also it did export as a .mp4 but the colors are all jacked up and don't match from what I actually set the color as... Could anyone help me as well?