Peak/smooth problem

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wagmun

Peak/smooth problem

Post by wagmun »

Hi
I've started experience a prob with my curves yesterday.
I was working on a drawing when I started a curve with the "Add point" tool.
I clicked the first point, and when i clicked the second it became imediately curve. I completed the process adding all the points and at the end I selected them all and chose draw-peak.
Nothing happened.
Tried several times without succes.
I decided to create a new document. Now peak was working perfectly.
I copied the shape to take it to the previous drawing. There, peak was not working again.
In this same drawing, sometimes creating a new layer worked. I could draw a shape with sharp corners. But suddenly, even draing on new layers was resulting in a smooth shape (I needed sharp, and peak wouldn't work).
I could immediately gues if I was going to have a prob. If on the second point added I'd see it curved, I knew "peak" or "smooth" commands wouldn't work.
I could either try to buid the shape in a new layer or, if it didn't work, close de document, create a new one, draw the curve there, copy it, close it, go back to the document I was working on and paste it there.
Am I missing something here?
Thanks in advance.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I can't reproduce your problem so these are just some possible leads:

1) When you use the add points tool, is sharp corners checked?
2) When you create your first point are you clicking or click-dragging? If the former, you will create 2 coincident points that will mess up your curve. The first point must be click-drag, then release at the second point.
3) You can also peak points using shortcut Ctrl-P (in AS6, Windows).
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

For some reason, sharp corners doesn't work if you are not in frame zero. Maybe that could be the problem.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
wagmun

Post by wagmun »

neeters_guy wrote:I can't reproduce your problem so these are just some possible leads:

1) When you use the add points tool, is sharp corners checked?
2) When you create your first point are you clicking or click-dragging? If the former, you will create 2 coincident points that will mess up your curve. The first point must be click-drag, then release at the second point.
3) You can also peak points using shortcut Ctrl-P (in AS6, Windows).
Hi
1) Yes. Sharp corners was checked
2) Click and drag
3) Can't get points sharp neither by Ctrl+p or thru menu "Draw>Peak"

It´s funny that if I create a new drawing points will be sharp. Looks like something happend to the file which is causing this problem.

Tks
wagmun

Post by wagmun »

selgin wrote:For some reason, sharp corners doesn't work if you are not in frame zero. Maybe that could be the problem.
Hi Selgin
I´m working at frame zero with no results.
Interesting to note that if I create a new drawing peak works normally.
I guess I have a bug in this specific file, which is causing the process to be very unproductive.
Tks for your help.