ASP7 Exporting crash

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

abou123

ASP7 Exporting crash

Post by abou123 »

Hi there, every time I try to export this one file, anime studio quits. I have only tried .swf and .mov
please help
Tech Specs.
3rd Generation iMac
Nothing added to the internal.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

do you have more than 1 core? are you using any scripts?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Are you meaning the whole program crashes and you have to close it out or just the render window closes?

Sometimes if I cancel a render then later on try and render again using the same name as the canceled render, the render crashes.

Try changing the name of the render and see if it works.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
abou123

Post by abou123 »

the whole program closes, I even tried renaming the file!
Vagabond

Microsoft C++ export crash

Post by Vagabond »

I have a similar problem with just one file. When I CTRL+R all the layers render. When I CTRL+E it crashes right away. When I batch export, this file sometimes crashes and sometimes renders BUT with a problem. One group folder of images renders with the broken link icon. AAArgh!! I tried to turn off the group layer but it still crashed saying "Microsoft C++ unexpectedly closes program blah blah..." So that means it's the file itself, right? I'm now starting the whole scene over. I've duplicated and collected all media into the scene folder in case this is an up & over problem.

Has anyone else had a C++ rendering issue?
theunrestedone

Anime Studio Pro 7 full of bugs all over

Post by theunrestedone »

Anime Studio Pro 7 full of bugs all over..

I have found problems with both interpolation in switch layers and brush's rendering out animated when they were not supposed to. both these problems did not exist on previous versions of amine studio and are very frustrating.

I am in serious doubt it was a download problem or anything i am doing. Is there no fix for these problems i see them complained about but can not find any suggestions on how to change or fix the issue.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

there was a patch fix for the switch layer bug...
abou123

Post by abou123 »

I got it to work by making a vector version of one of my images and putting it in there instead! :D
Vagabond

Re: Microsoft C++ export crash

Post by Vagabond »

Vagabond wrote:I have a similar problem with just one file. When I CTRL+R all the layers render. When I CTRL+E it crashes right away. When I batch export, this file sometimes crashes and sometimes renders BUT with a problem. One group folder of images renders with the broken link icon. AAArgh!! I tried to turn off the group layer but it still crashed saying "Microsoft C++ unexpectedly closes program blah blah..." So that means it's the file itself, right? I'm now starting the whole scene over. I've duplicated and collected all media into the scene folder in case this is an up & over problem.

Has anyone else had a C++ rendering issue?
I thought the problem had to do with the group layer I made of png images since they wouldn't render BUT, It was actually my sound. I imported the whole narration duplicated it a few times and used different sections of file on each layer. ASP no like that. :x
chucky

Post by chucky »

OMG!!!!
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
What am I gonna' do?

I have a massively involved project with a SERIOUS deadline!
The render crash just started on me, I have no idea what to do !!!
I can't get any export render at all , nothin', ctrl R works yup but nothing else, and there is no way I can render 4 minutes like this, besides I need to export as layered PSD's for compositing and effects.

This is serious stuff, ASPRO has the three letters PRO in it, these letters have a distinct significance.

I'm not using scripts but I have a quad core.

Is it true that this will render on my old single core????
Is it also true that the patch makes no difference?

Panic setting in now. ..... Mike???

HEEEEEEELP AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
chucky

Post by chucky »

okay I found, the problem.
PHEW
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I have been deleting layers like a mad man, in the search of the culprit(s)

MOVs, inside the project.
Is this the same for others experiencing this scary error?
Although they were rendering fine before , now there is an bug.
I am going to try re-inserting as png sequences, hopefully that will solve the issue.
I do think, however that it is important to get this fixed, i feel lucky to have got away with this so late in the project.

Is it to do with the sound format I wonder?

I must applaud ASPRO for it's ability to support so many image input and output types. I was lured into a false sense of security in this matter and realise now that I must be more careful in future.

I was very lucky in this case as I had already finished all the motion tracking using those movs , I'm not sure that I will always find a workaround.
I may have to change my animation program for future projects- very reluctantly though.
ASPRO does do some amazing things for it's price, especially it's brilliantly fast preview.
I also used XP compatibility, btw, as well as the mov deletions.
I hope this works for everyone. 8)
fog_in_merlin

Post by fog_in_merlin »

Was ist ein *Bug 8) * -________________-
chucky

Post by chucky »

Ok move all the mov's from groups and exclude from render also seems to be working sometimes.
If you need to render the footage the convert to png sequence and order with switch loop script audio has to be separate file.

A bug fix would be good for this, I'm not sure if it's large file sizes, external files from different folders or using the sequencer that 'musses' everything up and causes the tedious render crash.
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

Hello there, I'm still experiencing crashes while exporting to SWF. I have read many topics, posted too, it seems nobody has found a solution for now.

My AS 7.1 doesn't produce any file with my configuration

AS 7.1 doesn't fix Quicktime nor SWF bugs.

I would like to know if I alone in this situation (Quicktime & Flash play are installed) And if there is any chance to got this wonderful software working well.