Can't delete keyframes.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

markyyy

Can't delete keyframes.

Post by markyyy »

I'm encoutering a random bug.. sometimes I'm not able to delete a keyframe or to copy and paste one...I'm trying to see if I can reproduce it but for now it's random..

Also, sometimes I'll lose they mouse pad control... meaning I will click somewhere on the timeline or in the layer window and something else will get selected instead..

MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz w/4gigs of ram..
and of course Anime studio 6.0

thx.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

When you create key frames on a frame other than 0 this will lead to key frames that can't be deleted.

What happens is that channel is not keyed on frame 0 at all. You have to have at least one key frame somewhere. SO if you create a key frame on a frame OTHER than 0 and 0 has no key frame than you can't delete the other key frame.

This happens when you draw vectors or create shapes "from scratch" on frames past 0. If you start drawing or adding points or create shapes on a frame other than 0 and those new points or shapes don't exist yet they are created on that frame but they are keyed there ONLY and not on frame 0. Frame 0 has no keys for those new items. You can't delete the other key frame as expected because you must have one key frame.

To fix it, go to frame 0, select the keys on the other frame, press copy then press paste then press delete, using the buttons in the time line.

I don't know about the other problem with the mouse. Have not encountered that but I use AS on PC. Might be mac specific.

-vern
markyyy

Can't delete keyframes.

Post by markyyy »

Your theory might be right, but in this case it happens with a keyframe placed on a camera... And by closing and reopening the software, I'm able to access and delete the keyframe...

So this is still a bug..

The only thing I was able to do is to zoom in completely on the timeline then reselect it and then delete it..

It looks like even though the keyframe highlights red, it doesn't seem to be recognize by AS as being selected...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Hmm.... I have not encountered this problem with camera keys so it may be specific to the mac version.

-vern
markyyy

Can't delete keyframes.

Post by markyyy »

Could be a PC/Mac problem, but I think I saw someone else having problems with the mouse...
bisagaboo

Post by bisagaboo »

I have had this exact same problem with keyframes.
I also had keys on frame 0 but could not delete/copy others in the timeline. Sometimes you can fix it by closing and re-opening the program, but the last project I worked on, that didnt even work.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

cheeeeeers
markyyy

can't delete keyframes.

Post by markyyy »

I know where not supposed to post comments other than bugs here, but for a quick fix.. open up your project in textedit or wordpad, go to where the keyframes are then delete the line (and change the no of keyframes on the top line)

that's my fix for now..

cheers,

MP
amanandink

Post by amanandink »

we are running into the same problem, did anyone happen to find a solution at all?

thanks

J
Greenlaw

Re:

Post by Greenlaw »

heyvern wrote:...To fix it, go to frame 0, select the keys on the other frame, press copy then press paste then press delete, using the buttons in the time line.
Hey Vern, in my case this worked for me. Thanks for posting the tip.

G.
Greenlaw

Re: Can't delete keyframes.

Post by Greenlaw »

If you still have trouble deleting keyframes, one thing to check for is any keyframe(s) that may have been moved to the left of frame 0. To check for this, look at the channel in sequencer. If the animation clip has been shifted to the left past frame 0, slide the clip to the right until the end of the clip appears in the 'valid' region of the animation, and then follow Vern's instructions above. (I'm cleaning up a scene now and found this happened to one of my layers.)

Hope this helps somebody.

G.