APPEAL to release fix for cycling bug in v.6

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mikdog

APPEAL to release fix for cycling bug in v.6

Post by Mikdog »

Hi Mike,

Please please please could you release a fix for the cycling bug. I SO want to use v.6 but I'm still using v.5, simply because of this little bug. I understand you've already fixed it, and I'd imagine its a case of releasing a new .EXE or .APP file (.APP in my case).

It'll save me a bunch of time, I think, using v.6 with the sequencer. I have the program installed on my computer but due to the fact that I use cycles a lot I can't use the new version from a practicality point of view ;)

So please, if you'd like to release the first update anytime soon, that'd be awesome.

Thanks
BA

Post by BA »

did this ever get fixed?
basshole

Post by basshole »

From what I understand there is an update that addressed a number of issues, including the cycling. The update is available for download.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I have installed 6 and 6.1 and, yes, the cycling bug is fixed. You can probe it going to graphical mode and see the curve of a cycled bone on both versions.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
basshole

Post by basshole »

Hey guys. . .I installed 6.1 (says it's build 20090917p) and I have to say, the bug still seems to be there. I have a character running, and when I cycle the key frames to make him run, the key with cycle command seems to last for two frames instead of one. Am I missing something?
basshole

Post by basshole »

Ok. . .has the cycling bug been fixed but now it works differently? What I mean is, the old way used to be that you would have a frame 1, and then your cycle (let's say it was 30 frames). So you end the cycle on frame 30, which is a duplicate of frame 1, you tell frame 30 to cycle back to frame 1, frame 30 is essentially "swallowed" (not acknowledged), so after frame 29 you basically go back to frame 1 (even though you're really advancing to 30).

The way it seems to work now is that you would have no frame 30, and would instead put the cycle command on frame 29 (so one frame before the repeat starts), So upon playback the order goes. . 28,29,1,2, etc.

It seems to work "correctly" this way, but it's different than the old way. So is this how it's supposed to be?
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

basshole wrote:...It seems to work "correctly" this way, but it's different than the old way. So is this how it's supposed to be?
Yes, the way cycling works has now changed to the behavior you describe.
I think both methods has it's pros and cons but this new behavior is here to stay.
basshole

Post by basshole »

I guess as long as it works correctly and consistently I can get used to this new thing. . .I just expected when they "fixed" it would be fixed but still work the old way. . .now I have something new to get used to . Arrggghg.