Version 6 bugs - list them here

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Overdroid

Another Issue - Depth Sorting and Groups

Post by Overdroid »

Every layer within a group is automatically treated as being at the same depth as a group. Not sure if this is as designed, but I am creating a forest with many different depth layers so that a character passing through will go in front of some trees and behind others. The character will only pass behind them ALL or in front of them ALL.

Solution: Pull each and every tree out of the group and have them as separate layers of my main project. Very messy.

The same thing happens with particle layers.
Overdroid

Post by Overdroid »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but AS renders frames MUCH slower in my current project when the camera is zoomed in close.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Just upgraded for the new gradient tools and they seem not to work very well when the bone binding is set to region binding (which I always do for predictable rigging)
For example:

1.Create a simple arm and apply a gradient.
2. rig the arm with a couple of bones and set them to region binding
3. bend the arm

Result. More often than not tearing in the gradient and visual wierdness.

I'm not sure if it is possible to get round this as there is no way to go back to the old gradients which were basic but worked. (other than to go back to 5.6)

Actually the same problem occurs with flexible binding -though not quite as bad.

This is a major problem for me :(
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Also - Animation exported to swf looks completely different to the gradients displayed in the application :(
lumarama

Post by lumarama »

Here is another bug (wrong outline with masking)
viewtopic.php?t=15320
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

I hate this one, you press the space bar to make a shape or weld but it pressed 'play'.

Post by 94253 »

Gen wrote:
Gen wrote:hey,

Very funny: Today i traveled with the train (5hours) and so i push "F10" so that my sound is off. But all 10-15-20 minuts anime studios make a sound and my volume is on max, so i have to push "F10" again... Its really funny the first and second time, all passengers looking around^^ but the 6th+ time's it get me on my nerves.

gen
I figured it out.

Everytime i click in time line on a other frame, so that the red linie is switching, the volume Output became max. That is really stupid. At this time (germany 6:15) i want work and my girlfirend want to sleep... now she is angry... very angry... its not good for me...

(MAC)

gen

EDIT: And when the output is off, it switch back to the last volume ?lvl?... And now my girlfirend is killing me...
This is driving me crazy! I work from home - very early in the morning - and my fiancee is rather upset about this as well (she is trying to sleep!). I can only work with lip sync when I am home along now. Very inconvenient! Why is my master volume being reset? Is there a way to prevent this?
TheChewanater

Post by TheChewanater »

Got this in the terminal while exporting to SWF. I'll check to see if it does this every time.

Code: Select all

ASP.donotrunme: ../../src/xcb_io.c:176: process_responses: Assertion `!(req && current_request && !(((long) (req->sequence) - (long) (current_request)) <= 0))' failed.
Seriously? Mr. Clifton, assert() is for DEBUGGING! What's it doing in a final product?

(AS Pro 6.1, GNU/Linux-x86)
ImageImage
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I had a project open and imported a previously created project into it using File / import.

The result is that the Styles palette drop down menu gets mangled so that I can't now create a new style or select a previously saved one?

This happened in V6 and 6.2 I checked.
amanandink

Copy Paste Buttons

Post by amanandink »

Hi

Has anyone come across an issue with the copy and paste buttons, they seem to just deactivate and have to restart the program to get them to work again. its getting more and more frequent so sometimes its every two minutes. i'm on windows with 6.1 anime studio pro

thanks

J
hardworker

Post by hardworker »

I keep trying to download Anime Studio Debut 6 on my Sony Vaio laptop, but after I finish downloading it, nothing happens. I cannot bring up the start screen; absolutely nothing happens. So I was wondering if you could help me out at all.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Import a PAL widescreen quicktime ,plays great no probs.

BUT

Render, 1 minute takes an hour, OK that's not the problem. I can see the images rendering one by one just like normal.
OPen the rendered QT, nothin' a few blank frames.
What's up with that?