Version 6 bugs - list them here

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Couldn't delete a camera move frame. Tried and tried to delete the zoom in and pan camera keys, and could only delete them when I had moved my group layer that was moved in the sequencer, back to its original starting position. Weird.

Then when I tried to add a keyframe for the camera on frame 1, the key jumped to frame 25. Also resolved when I moved my group layer back to its starting position on frame 0.

So there's some funky stuff going on with adding keys once you've moved a group layer along the sequencer.
super8mm

Post by super8mm »

I got onionskin on my hand!

I was making a new switch layer for a hand turn so I onionskinned the previous hand and drew the new one. When I was done I then chose the first hand layer and the second hand was onionskinned to compare. Ever since, my second hand is in full view plus onionskinned outline permanent. I tried unchecking the onionskin in every combination. I tried cutting and pasting the hand, taking it out of the switch, only solution is to redraw the hand but it doesn't show in the output so no biggie.

Weird!
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Blend Morphs suck! Fix them. I have characters with over a 100 layers and if I make the mistake of trying to use a morph on the wrong layer I get the note of death. Then the program crashes.

Just lost an hour of hard work because of this bug.

Dale
Blue

Post by Blue »

Its debatable whether this could be called a bug or not...here goes...

If you set AS to auto name shapes as you create them it keeps a memory of the shapes, likely tied to vertices. It seems to remember the style assigned to certain vertices, not necessarily shapes, here's what I mean...

If you create a shape, then delete a few connecting splines between vertices and reconnect somewhere else to make the shape whole again AS makes shape names every time.

I ran into a situation where I had a leg, which I set some of the spline to have the stroke hidden. When I rendered there was a red line around the part that should not have had a stroke.

After some time I finally figured out that I needed to delete the extra shape names. As it turns out, one of the shapes had a red image assigned to it. Once I deleted the shape name the line went away.

I see this as a bug, because AS should only use one style for vertices and ignore the rest. I'll work up an example and send in when I have the time.
joelstoryboards.com - (WinXP SP3, ASP 6.1)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

dueyftw wrote:Blend Morphs suck! Fix them. I have characters with over a 100 layers and if I make the mistake of trying to use a morph on the wrong layer I get the note of death. Then the program crashes.

Just lost an hour of hard work because of this bug.

Dale
If you don't have an action for a layer when using blend morphs AS will crash.

(Make sure you have at least one action for each layer or don't use it on layers without any actions.)

-vern
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

If you don't have an action for a layer when using blend morphs AS will crash.

(Make sure you have at least one action for each layer or don't use it on layers without any actions.)

-vern
Huh? What are you talking about? I'm currently working with 3 animators that are all over the world. We share the AS files. Their are 500 layers or more in each file. I'm suppose to add actions to each one of the layers so the program doesn't crash?

If you don't have and action in a layer the program will crash.
If you have an action that is more than on frame one the program will crash.

Put simply, this is broken and it need to be fixed ASAP, or yesterday.

Dale
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

So I noticed that when I try and delete camera keyframes while a layer is selected that's been shifted before frame 0 in the sequencer timeline, I couldn't delete the camera keyframes (zoom in and pan).

However, when I had a layer selected that wasn't shifted around in the sequencer timeline, I could delete the layer.

Meep meep.
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

I was trying to create an effect I had use in a previous animation, created with ASP-5.6, but I tried the same thing with ASP-6.0 it doesn't work.

The effect I was trying to recreate is animating either a layer Shadow or Shading changing over time. What ever settings I make, stay that way over the entire animation.

To see if I was doing something wrong, I went back to ASP-5.6 and it worked just fine.

I checked the manual to see if there was a switch to turn on, like with layer reordering, but found nothing.

I think this qualifies as a bug. If not, can someone show me how to fix it.

I am using Windows Vista, Home Edition.

F.C.Snow
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

FCSnow wrote:I was trying to create an effect I had use in a previous animation, created with ASP-5.6, but I tried the same thing with ASP-6.0 it doesn't work.

The effect I was trying to recreate is animating either a layer Shadow or Shading changing over time. What ever settings I make, stay that way over the entire animation.

To see if I was doing something wrong, I went back to ASP-5.6 and it worked just fine.

I checked the manual to see if there was a switch to turn on, like with layer reordering, but found nothing.

I think this qualifies as a bug. If not, can someone show me how to fix it.

I am using Windows Vista, Home Edition.

F.C.Snow
There is a check box saying "Allow animated layer effects" inside layer settings, is it enabled?
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

Thanks Ulrik, that fixed my problem. I just wished that some of the changes to ASP 6.0 were better documented.

F.C.Snow
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.
Gen

Post by Gen »

Gen wrote:hey,

Very funny: Today i traveled with the train (5hours) and so i push "F10" so that my sound is off. But all 10-15-20 minuts anime studios make a sound and my volume is on max, so i have to push "F10" again... Its really funny the first and second time, all passengers looking around^^ but the 6th+ time's it get me on my nerves.

gen
I figured it out.

Everytime i click in time line on a other frame, so that the red linie is switching, the volume Output became max. That is really stupid. At this time (germany 6:15) i want work and my girlfirend want to sleep... now she is angry... very angry... its not good for me...

(MAC)

gen

EDIT: And when the output is off, it switch back to the last volume ?lvl?... And now my girlfirend is killing me...
I am a Kraut... so iam so sry for me and my nice english...
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

1. start a new file
2. go to draw/insert text
3 crash

or

1. start a new file
2. click on the text tool in the tools section
3. Dosen't crash but says no response and then after a minute it shows the text menu.

I have vista, Anime Studio 6.1 pro
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Mine doesnt crash but it takes way too long to open the Insert text window,
30 seconds.
Overdroid

Audio Problems

Post by Overdroid »

There seems to be some issues with multiple audio tracks when a file is exported, especially when you are using visibility to cut or edit tracks. I have an animation that is about 4000 frames long with about 20 audio tracks. Everything works fine when I preview it in ASpro, but when I export it the audio cuts out in strange places. It appears to go in and out when audio tracks overlap and one is muted (made non-visible).

I'm using Version 6.1. All my audio is 44Hz /16bit, mpgs. Rendering to quicktime.

I've rendered this animation 3 times trying to get it to work with no luck. Very frustrating.

Also it would be nice if I could just render the problem portions to save time, but rendering part of an animation yields no audio at all.
Overdroid

Post by Overdroid »

So I solved the audio problem with a hack.

I had cut down some of the sound files I imported by making the layer non-visible at the point where I wanted to edit them (which is the same as making the audio level non-audible). For some reason this would cause some of the files to cut out at a different place than on the timeline.

I edited the sound files in an audio editing program (cutting off the parts I didn't want) and then replaced the originals with files of the same name (as long as I didn't cut off the beginning, they lined up fine). When I restarted ASP, it found the new files. I then removed the visibility keyframes near where the problems occured, and the issue was solved.

Just a tip, if you are having audio problems you can make everything in the scene invisible (except the audio) and render at minimal resolution (8 by 8 I think). This speeds up the rendering so you can just test the audio.