Version 6 bugs - list them here

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheChewanater

Post by TheChewanater »

When I have drawing tools enabled on every frame and I use the color picker tool, then for some reason the color it picks has 0 alpha for stroke and fill.
ImageImage
oferhod

Library should be relative

Post by oferhod »

I put the files (sound) at the library, import to ASP. go to another PC with the same files in the library - the ASP doesn't see them. have to import them again.
BA

Layer Order Bug

Post by BA »

If you've animated your layer ordering, and then go back to frame 0 and change the layer order there - all your ordering along the timeline is suddenly totally out of order!
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
tonym

Post by tonym »

I'm on a Mac.

"Allow Frame Skipping" does not work.

My animation was playing slow in the work area.

I used a stop watch to verify my suspicion. "Allow Frame Skipping" had no effect; it did not speed-up the animation to the proper speed.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

If I open a file with quicktime video layer deactivated (I mean, without the eyes on layers window) and active it, an error appears in windows with the possibility to send it to microsoft or don't. When I press an option, AS is closed.
(The weird think is that if I ignore the window, I can still making some things on AS, so I can activate the video layer, save the file and reopen without errors).
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

I'm seeing a problem with phantom keys being created on the bone angle channel in certain situations.

To see an example of what I mean, please follow these steps.
1. Start Anime Studio Pro 6.0
2. Click on the Library button
3. Double-click on the VernZehr folder and double-click on fritz-version1
4. Move the cursor to frame 14 (this is important)
5. Select all visible keys on frames 14 to 114 and drag them by one frame to the right
You should then observe a phantom key appear on the bone angle channel at frame 14 and it won't delete either.

I know it seems like a fairly minor bug, but its wreaking havoc with my nudge key script testing.

Thanks for reading.

System: Windows XP Media Center Edition ver 2002 SP3.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Not a bug. It is a keyframe for a bone that is locked. It keeps its angle locked when you drag the keyframe that moves its angle or position.
Look to the feet bones. Shift the keyframes one frame more and you can delete the keyframe. But it would look odd.
That happens because you shifted a locked bone keyframe.
-G
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Add keyframe works odd when the start frame of the layer is before frame 0. It takes a lot to figure out why that was happening and start frame seems to be the reason.
I have a skeleton with start frame before 0 and when I add a keyframe using right click on timeline, the character gets a completely different position.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

The translate tool doesn't remember from one session to the next that I want "shape select" switched OFF. It constantly takes me by surprise when I go to move a point, and the entire object moves instead.

All the options for drawing, selecting etc. should be remembered by the program.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

I use a Cintiq tablet with ASPro 6, and it generally behaves very well. Except...

If I am plotting out a curve, then try to join the last point to a space on the line, rather than an existing point, the newly created point jumps to a different part of the screen.

Here are some screen grabs. In the first picture I am in drawing mode and I am hovering with the cursor above the place on the line where I wish to join it:

Then I press the space bar, and this happens:

What doesn't show in the grabs is the actual cursor, which stays exactly where the point originally was. (The new point doesn't always jump to the centre of the layer, that's just a coincidence - it seems to be random)
Blue

SLOOOOOOOOOOOW

Post by Blue »

At first I thought it was just the way this program is, but now I think it's a bug because the slowness doesn't always occur with images.

1. Make a 2000px x 2000px image.
2. Bring it in ASP6 as an image layer.
3. Zoom the view in.
4. Move the image around.
5. The redraws while you move it, or the camera around are quick as lighting.

6. Now delete that image layer.
7. Create a vector shape.
8. Use the image texture feature in the style window to use your 2K image for the shape.
9. Zoom in so the vector with image takes up a good portion of the screen.
10. Try to move the shape or the camera view.
11. Screen redraws, as you move it, are slow as molasses.

THE WORKAROUND:

Use MEDIUM display setting or just adjust the display attributes so that the image doesn't show and you just see the flat color of the shape.
Last edited by Blue on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joelstoryboards.com - (WinXP SP3, ASP 6.1)
JCook

Post by JCook »

I've found a problem with re-importing images. Images work fine, but if I edit an image after I've put it into ASPro, using Photoshop, and then click on the layer settings button, choose image, and re-import the image, it doesn't change, in the editor or in the render. I have to save my file, close it and then re-open it and the image will have been updated. Makes for tedious workflow if you have to do this a lot.

Jack
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Barry Baker wrote:I use a Cintiq tablet with ASPro 6, and it generally behaves very well. Except...

If I am plotting out a curve, then try to join the last point to a space on the line, rather than an existing point, the newly created point jumps to a different part of the screen.

Here are some screen grabs. In the first picture I am in drawing mode and I am hovering with the cursor above the place on the line where I wish to join it:
Confirmed.

Additional information:

Turning OFF autoweld eliminates this problem using the space bar. It looks like autowelding and space bar "connecting" is "doubling" the point location and it "shoots off" to a different location... just a wild guess.

If autoweld is ON then you don't need to use the space bar, just release the point and it connects correctly.
---------

EDIT: Never mind! It really really is random. What I said above may or may not have any validity.

-vern
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

I'm glad you can back me up, Vern. I had a pm from mkelley telling me that this was normal behaviour, when I know through using the program both with and without a Cintiq that it is not.

And you are right when you say that switching autoweld off eliminates the jumping point syndrome. I just dislike autoweld, as it's always trying to latch on to any point or line in the near vicinity, and I don't want to keep my finger pressed on the ALT key while I am drawing.

Also, I have had bad experiences animating with autoweld on, when points and lines glued themselves together during the animation without me realising until it was too late to press undo. Mind you, that was in v5.6 when shape creation was allowed by default anywhere on the timeline. I haven't tried it with v6.

Another workaround is to first create a new point on the line where I wish the 2nd point to join, then use the point move tool to pull the 2nd point over the new point and press spacebar. Not elegant, but it's an alternative to having autoweld switched on.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Barry,

I think I have gotten closer to what might be causing this. It "stops" after a while and I could not figure out what I did that made it "stop". I believe it is the check boxes for the "autoweld" in the add point and translate point tools.

For example if you turn this option off and on for both tools separately it kind of "resets" things. Then the space bar weld option works again. The autoweld option is a "global" setting shared by several tools. I think this may have something to do with it. Just a guess.

It is definitely a "doubling" of the new point position after you hit space. The position of the point before welding is "added" to the position of the NEW point AFTER welding creating the offset. I could see how the autoweld and "space bar" weld might conflict to cause this. As if for a split second the autoweld creates a point AND THEN the space bar weld does the same thing.

-vern