Documenting "little white lines/gaps"

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Documenting "little white lines/gaps"

Post by synthsin75 »

Since the developers are back to work, I figured I'd try to document a often posted glitch. This is the glitch where little white lines or gaps appear around the edges of some shapes when rendered. This does seem to be rendered wrong.

Here are two shapes that share part of the same construction curves (one blue the other white). As you can see, the lower shape (or more specifically, the one just below the top one) always has this pixel offset(?).

I assume that this was done intentionally to keep from having any gaps between shapes that abut on the same edge. I'm hoping that there is a better solution since this topic comes up regularly.

Perhaps this 'gap closing' (?) could be restricted to only one side of each edge.

And with blue shape below:
Last edited by synthsin75 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Yeah, this one is REAL annoying when your basic component (say, an arm) needs hidden edges. You try hiding the edges and suddenly you have lines.

But, Wes, they aren't always white. I can get them in many different colors (usually the same color construction as the default). I'm guessing you see them as white because that's usually your default object construction, but I can post examples (or sample files) that have them in every shade of the rainbow on these supposedly "hidden" edges.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah Mike, I had this second image posted, but for some reason the link broke.

Usually outlines cover this, but like you said, they usually show up when edges are hidden. The only difference between these two is that I swapped the white for the blue shape in the shape order. This only happens if there is no shape between these in the shape order that uses the other side of that shared edge.

Like you said, REAL annoying.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

OK, I think I have a fix for this. I'll make it part of an update. And yes, they can be any color - they're white in this case because the underlying shape is white, but if it were red they'd be red, etc.
tinnycan

Post by tinnycan »

awesome if you could fix this! Its been a plague ever since anime studio came out!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Yes, it will be fantastic. I'm anxiously waiting next release :D
Thanks, Mike.
Genete

Post by Genete »

selgin wrote: I'm anxiously waiting next release :D
:lol: I think you need "nervocalm" to peace your anxiety! ;)

Sorry for the off topic :)
-G
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Genete

Post by Genete »