Importing group with same name crash

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Snudddy

Importing group with same name crash

Post by Snudddy »

I have experienced that Moho crashes on windows xp when you import a group object that is already in the scene with the same name.

I know this can be avoided with saving the group with another name etc.
I just think its a bit unecessary that the program crashes.
Snudddy

Post by Snudddy »

I know that you might ask yourself why import the same thing twice?
Its just that I sometimes have positions and animation stored in the group that I want to keep but change the group content with updated material. So therefore I import the same group again to pick out the content from the new one and put to the already animated group.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I can think of lots of reasons to import the same object more than once. However, I haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Maybe it's something specific about your particular object - can you post a link to it or email it to support@lostmarble.com?
Snudddy

Post by Snudddy »

I will check later today for "what went wrong". I know I had a switch layer in the group. If I'm lucky it might just have been my computer spooking around. Anyhow I tried several times to import the same object still Moho crashed time after time.

This is the scene:

3 characters
One of the characters is the one I want to re-import but he makes moho crash (It's the only character with switch layer). All characters are animated by actions (stored in action window) and have bone structure attached to specific vector points(Bind points).

A background of Jpeg.