Crashing

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

megaboy3

Crashing

Post by megaboy3 »

Everytime I want to export my animation as a quicktime file
It crashes right after a Compression Settings window appears.
Can someone please help me with this?
MB
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

If you are using Windows, check out this solution: viewtopic.php?t=9407

--gary
kirkmona

Post by kirkmona »

Megaboy,

I'm having the same problem right now. I sent a email to tech support. It took a few days to get a response but they had me trash a few preference and setting files and restart. This did nothing. I sent them my crash log, system config and the files that it crashes on but it has now been a week with no response. I'm afraid I'm going to have to contact them here in the next few days to ask for a refund unless they have a real solution.

There may be a work around on the pc but on a mac this really seems like software still in beta testing that they decided to charge for. An animation program that can't even export a final product is for sure not ready to be sold. It would be like if Adobe sold Photoshop and then after you paid for it they told you that, "Oh ya, um, you can't actually save in any format other than psd. I know we said you could save as a file anyone else could see but well, you can't." That's crazy.

The main difference between the demo and the standard version is the ability to export. If it can't export then there is no difference except that you're out $50.

~Kirk
kirkmona

Post by kirkmona »

A little update. After sending an email asking why I hadn't heard back from tech support and whether or not they expected to have a solution I was told that, "this has been written up as a bug and should get fixed in an upcoming service release."

The nice person I spoke with had no indication of when that service release would be and indicated that they could process a refund for my order. I'm happy they can do that but I could have saved myself some time and frustration if their website was accurate and simply said that Anime Studio does not work with OS 10.5

~Kirk