Why does these things happen?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Why does these things happen?

Postby eric1223 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 pm

With this happening, I have finding myself having to delete a character again. Somehow, the character head glitches in the mainline, and behaves really stranger in the actions. His bones become waaaayyyy disconnected from his body, and scrambles, his head flips upside down and his face isn't there, and if u mess with some of the controls in the action (head turn 2 esp) then go to the mainline, his body become scrambled and a mess, until u go backward on the timeline.

I've tried to go back and fix this, and I can't because it just gets too weird. With that said, his Character is beyond saving, and now I have to start over. How do I avoid things like this. I didn't have this problem in v11. My only 2 guesses is not to use smart bones, and don't use the multi keyframe edit features.

Here is the file and I put notes on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zcs8v8at4x7o ... .moho?dl=0
eric1223

Re: Why does these things happen?

Postby synthsin75 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 pm

eric1223 wrote:...his head flips upside down and his face isn't there...

This one is because the "Head" bone is keyed in "Head U/D 2" but not in "Head U/D". If you select that bone in "Head U/D" and reset it's position on frame 150, the head will be fixed. You'll might need to exit and reenter the action for it to display correctly.

...the character head glitches in the mainline...

You need to make sure you key frame one in a smart action and that the smart bone doesn't have the same rotation in both actions.
You also need to make sure only the animation channels you want controlled are keyed in smart actions, and avoid from keying those channels in the mainline to avoid conflicts.

Here's those fixes: http://www.filedropper.com/s3-2edited

Don't know if I'll have time to investigate the rest, but you might see if those pointers help with them.
- Wes
ImageImageImage
synthsin75

Re: Why does these things happen?

Postby eric1223 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks Synth. I appreciate what u did. Now I know what to do and what not to do.
eric1223

Return to Bug Discussions