Layer text edit bug?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

Layer text edit bug?

Post by Nicohk92 »

Hello everyone,

I wanted to get back to anime studio pro, did the update and discovered some new features.

Only I see what appears to be some very annoying bug (and I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed during my long absence).

When writing some text in a text layer, after a few seconds the selection switches out of text edit. So I'm in the middle of writing a sentence and one of sudden I'm out of text edit, space bar plays the timeline, shortcuts operate etc...

I'm not sure i made myself clear. If you see what I mean, I would very much appreciate some clue.

I'm on a recent mbp with High SIerra.
synthsin75

Re: Layer text edit bug?

Post by synthsin75 »

What version did you update to?
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

I'm on 12.4
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Nicohk92 wrote:I'm on 12.4
Well, that's the right version for 10.13, so I'm not sure. A similar bug had been fixed, but maybe it's resurfaced?
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Very strange bug.

Here's an example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pedqn1sdzpyi ... 1.mp4?dl=0

If you see at around second 25, I'm not touching anything. It gets out of text edit on its own (Here it happened after about 20 seconds, sometimes it's even quicker and very annoying).
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Oh and also the render images (cmd+R) don't stay up indefinitely. It switches back to Moho after a few seconds without my asking for it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Nicohk92 wrote:Oh and also the render images (cmd+R) don't stay up indefinitely. It switches back to Moho after a few seconds without my asking for it.
It sounds like the same issue we used to have with auto-save enabled. You might try disabling that and see if it still happens.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Indeed none of those bugs happen with auto save disabled. Well spotted!

I wish they fixed it tho cause auto save is very necessary (seeing how often Moho crashes).

It's too bad cause it's a good software otherwise.