Color bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

Color bug

Post by sargumphigaus »

Occasionally when I'm using this, I lose all ability to switch colors on both fill and stroke. It absolutely decimates progress. I don't mess around with styles. Do I have to comprehend styles? Or is this indeed....................................................................................a bug? Many a projects I have used have fallen apart because of this.
sargumphigaus

Re: Color bug

Post by sargumphigaus »

lets also talk about fill/freehand. The fill does not ever match the freehand. I've realized that this is because of the fact that it uses stroke to cover what the fill doesn't, but I don't always use a stroke so...is there a work around for this? This is damning to my sense of precision....or is this indeed................................another bug.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you don't comprehend how it works then the odds are high it is just user error.

"The fill does not ever match the freehand"? I'd have to see that.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I just discovered your style tutorial. I'll watch that 12348239 times. Then I'm going to take a break from this forum. Something tells me you're getting sick of my shenanigans.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

This bug is there, and I've posted a video with this post.

Here's the explaination;

Before the bug, I could Make a custom color as I tried to do in the video without styles.

Now, the program crashed. because I activated my tablet, which isn't the first time it happened btw :x. When I recovered my file, and saved it, I had this problem not being able to make custom colors anymore with this particular file. I know of the workarounds, but I'd rather change my colors before makeing a shape. Less tedious.

I opened a new document, and I could do it then. But, they still wont change with this file... I'm gonna try to figure out if I can get it to start working again.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

sargumphigaus wrote:Occasionally when I'm using this, I lose all ability to switch colors on both fill and stroke. It absolutely decimates progress. I don't mess around with styles. Do I have to comprehend styles? Or is this indeed....................................................................................a bug? Many a projects I have used have fallen apart because of this.
I figured out a way to get the custom color changing thingy to work...and it's really weird...but simple. I undocked my styles window, and I can make custom colors again. I tested this out more than once, and it works. So...undocking makes this works. Dont forget you can redock if you like. Also, deleteing some layers might work, but I doubt you would want to do that.

I saved the file before I fixed the problem, and would like to leave it here so the devs can look into it. But, the bug wont work that way, maybe because of misplaced files? But, I think I can recreate it the same way I explained above.

Edit: redocking may be a problem...You will have to keep it undocked if you want to keep switching colors it seems. It probably has something to do with the layers, you are using as well.
ThatsNotAllFolks

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

Ive experienced the same color change bugs as demonstrated by your posted video. I will try the docking window feature...thanks. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Thank you for this thread and workaround! This was driving me crazy.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Thank you soooooo much for posting this work around. Exact same problem for me, exact same work around. Have to undock styles. ASP 11.1 Build 16926 64-bit in Windows 10. It was driving me bonkers too :cry:
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, could someone write which are the steps to get this bug?
I couldn't reproduce it myself.
Thanks.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

there was a bug report on this some time ago (May 2014) but the devs closed the ticket as they weren't able to reproduce it.

The video posted shows clearly THAT it happens - but does anyone have a good handle on the sequence of actions to recreate the bug? Is it limited to a single platform type or does it happen on any h/ware & o/s combo?

edit: cross post - sorry Victor!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I reported a similar bug last week, but it was related to a very specific file, with specific imported images.
That one is already fixed in the beta, but even when the behavior looks the same, I'm not sure if it's the same bug reported here. So yes, it would be ideal to isolate the steps to reproduce it, so we could confirm if it's fixed or not.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I'm not sure, at this point, what causes the bug. I do have a file where it is happening. I can try to make that available if I can't figure out how to make it happen.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Ok. Just figured out the issue. It happens whenever bitmap images are in a switch layer.
Specific steps I did to reproduce the issue:
- Import statue.png, reagan.png, r_hand.png from the Images Tutorial
- Select all the .png layers and group with selection
- Convert the group layer to a switch layer
- Result: you can no longer change stroke or fill in the style window if it is docked
I'll submit this as a bug and link to this post
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Pulling the images out of the switch and putting them back also fixes this bug.