NEED ANIMATOR FOR SERIES WILL PAY!!!

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

A&Astudios

NEED ANIMATOR FOR SERIES WILL PAY!!!

Post by A&Astudios »

Hey guys, I'm working on a series and looking for an animator to help me get it off the ground. im new to this field but i know how difficult animating can be.i would like the show to be in 2D (think samurai champloo) or something to that effect. i would like to start at a rate of 300 per episode but i'm willing to talk about pricing. please respond
Lukas

Re: NEED ANIMATOR FOR SERIES WILL PAY!!!

Post by Lukas »

300 per episode is nowhere near enough for any proffesional animator.

(And I don't even know what currency you're talking about)
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

/spam/
A&Astudios

Post by A&Astudios »

Maestral wrote:/spam/
Huh?
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

A&Astudios wrote:
Maestral wrote:/spam/
Huh?

Code: Select all

> function foo(x)
>>  local value = x or "/spam/"  -- if argument x is false or nil, value becomes "/spam/"
>>  print(x, value)
>> end
>
> foo()                          -- no arguments, so x is nil
nil /spam/
/spam/
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I don't think it's spam, but ignorance.
I'm sorry A&Astudios, but what you are asking is unrealistic and the money you offer (even though I appreciate you are actually offering something) is infinitely low for an entire episode (and not only for the quality you want, but much less).
If you have some money and time to spend, I recommend you to learn the software yourself and define a lower goal, like a good one or two minutes animation, rather than a big production of several episodes.
I understand many people can get angry by reading your message. You say you know about how hard animation is, but your post says exactly the opposite. And that doesn't sound respectful.

If you are still interested on animation and this software, please feel free to continue posting here. We will be happy to help you on anything related to improve your knowledge and animation skills.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

$300 is probably closer to a day rate for many professional artist/animators, and even then I think the artist would have to be extremely passionate about the project to accept those terms (assuming he'll be asked to do a lot more than animating existing assets.)

IMO, Samurai Champloo is a pretty high bar, so it could be smarter to put up more money for a teaser or a very short pilot, or hire an illustrator/designer to help you put together a slick pitch package to raise funds and awareness for the project.

Alternatively, you could lower your ambitions and go for a much simpler style of animation. Just a thought. That said, you may still find it difficult to find a reliable artist to create whole episodes for only $300 unless they are fairly simple and short animations.

G.
zagreusent

Post by zagreusent »

​Hello there,

Greetings of the Day!!

I am interested in your offer. I represent Zagreus Entertainment, an animation and vfx team specializing in high-end, talked about Games, Animation & Illustration projects for worldwide clients. We deliver everything from concept art development to high quality rendered 2D/3D character & animation. We are available to start work immediately.

Kindly check our work here:
www.zagreusent.com

Please add us on skype for instant communication.
ID: zagreusent

Please feel free to discuss anything regarding cost and time frame.
Let me know your valuable thoughts!

Thanks