34 Bucks to Blow

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheMinahBird

34 Bucks to Blow

Post by TheMinahBird »

I was gonna blow my Paypal money on clothes but no.

I really want to start a web series, but I don't have the time or the smarts of the animators here to make character puppets.

I really want to do everything all by myself, but I just can't I'm not a genius at building characters and it makes me feel awful to have to ask for someone to literally make puppets but I know I don't know how to. I really wanted to try and make it myself because I'm the type of person who feels like if I don't have all the creative control then It's not my art or my own creation.

But this is animation and I have the art, designs and characts, storyboards all done. I have the concept art for backgrounds and everything is ready, I have voice actors too... BUT, whenever I try to build a puppet everything goes down hill.

I have 6 main characters, and ideas for others but thats so many that I know eventually I need to start building myself.

I tried to make a building devour a car. Epic fail. "Epic".
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
lwaxana

Re: 34 Bucks to Blow

Post by lwaxana »

What do you want the character rigs to be able to do?

I'm definitely not the greatest rigger, but I am happy to give it a try (for free) on one of your characters, if it's something I can do. Just send me the pictures to base it on. I adore your work and want to see your series happen, too!
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Thanks so much!

I can try to make model sheets..
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

I want them to be able to walk, and do basic 360 turns? It doesn't have to be disney but I want it to look nice but:

- walking
- turns
- fighting (balled fist)
- blinking

I need the face to be easily manipulated that's good.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Cool! It doesn't have to be a formal model sheet, I can probably figure most of it out from a full body picture of the character. Also I am using Asp 9.5. What version of AS are you using? I think you are on a newer version because I couldn't open your head rotation file. But you should still be able to open my files.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Can you also draw how the eyes should look when they're closed and half closed? I'm not sure what kind of eyelid your characters have.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

if it's any help ... ASP 10.1 (free update from 10) has the ability to export as a V9 file. obviously the AS10 new features will not be exported (the ASP10 manual page 324 lists these)!
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Ok and thanks so much ! I'll draw the eyes.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

http://38.media.tumblr.com/7a15537901cf ... 1_1280.png\

^^
This is Rosetta. She has NO breast btw. xD Her eyes are usually half shut, In a "pretty" way not sexy.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Her side view
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Here's story boards to show you the faces she will make >< I guess it doesn't help that I draw so crazy..

http://33.media.tumblr.com/c8c6c0bc4d43 ... 2_1280.jpg

http://33.media.tumblr.com/d088d2692fa0 ... 1_1280.jpg
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

I also understand you said "try". ^^;
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

my email is yasexstreme@gmail.com .. Would you like to chat that way?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Awesome! I won't have much time to work on it until this weekend. I'll e-mail you then!
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Thanks for the info, Hayasadist! I wasn't aware of that and I think it could help us out a lot! :D