wanting to start animation fan team for paranormal romance [

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

madrobot

Re: wanting to start animation fan team for paranormal roman

Post by madrobot »

The longboat is complete. There are two issues I feel I should bring to your attention. One is that the figurehead is the face of a furious duck. The second is that the longboat is 3mm long. ABout the size of a particularly large grain of rice. I had envisaged something bigger but didn't have much raw material to work with.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Madrobot,
I don't think you're taking this challenge seriously, if you really want to be an indentured fantasy slave you have to really put out. I know I'm offering almost 0% of nothing but that's no excuse for slackness.
Now build me a decent longboat!
... And ffs use your own cash and someone else's self esteem ! Use your wife and kid's if you have to.

Sheesh ... some people!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hey madrobot: I have a solution to the 3mm longboat dilemma: it's the "honey I shrunk the kids" ray - and I have lots of these in my toolkit - along with an assortment of devices for removing boy scouts from horses' hooves, the tops from bottles, bottles from scout masters and scout masters from boy scouts: at which point the horses hooves can be directed as appropriate towards relevant portions of the scout masters' anatomy without fear of any further damage to any boy scouts. But I digress. I have reproduced the 3mm longboat - sadly my rice jar was empty, but I found a splinter of wood and have successfully kidnapped and re-rendered a real duck from a nearby pond such that it is of scale size to act as galley slave. I have also shrunk a "HISTK" raygun and am now shipping this to you in the duck-propelled splinter boat. Sadly, as my space-time distortion ray is the workshop for repairs following an unfortunate incident that inadvertently involved a certain prominent figure from the British National Party with an awfully nice unwed Austrian lady by the name of Maria Schicklgruber - the consequences of which included a non-trivial fracas during the periood 1939-1945, the expected journey time from UK to the Antipodes might exceed the normal lifespan of the duck. If the duck makes it, you can tell it to operate the HISTK ray in reverse and then you can use the ray (an online manual is included!) either to re-size you and other volunteers for Chucky's mission such that you fit in the rice-boat OR you can re-size the rice boat so that you can travel in it. In this latter case, you might find that a tin of waterproofing (or something else that does what it says on the tin) would be a useful purchase. Let me know when the first lovingly peeled grape is gently pushed through Chucky's eager pouting lips, the soft candlelight glinting from his sparingly oiled brozed thighs as the viking hordes leap manfully through the pounding surf in lustful search for looty and booty....

[to be continued...] [or not]
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Shame on you to make fun of those who want animation for free. All those clueless wonders need some reference to what they are asking; so point them to this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCtRblSzqug
"I've got to say, getting the hang of Flash by oneself is time consuming. There are just a couple seconds more of the project that are finished and 10 seconds after that to complete.
AND IT TOOK ME 9 HOURS!"

Oh by the way the boat should have been made of rice, that way it expands as it hits the water.

Dale
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

dueyftw wrote:Oh by the way the boat should have been made of rice, that way it expands as it hits the water.
Dale
Sound advice. My dignity is riddled with holes.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Your dignity fill with holes? Are we janitors? Or on the chain gang? No we are animators that need to Rise up and get paid!!! We will not be held back or down. And ...

Hey I just got a email response from an animation company that says the intern job is still open. So I guess I'm going to end my rant now.

Dale