Need .AS scenery and props -no pay(for now) -please read

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

IaMocraM

Need .AS scenery and props -no pay(for now) -please read

Post by IaMocraM »

I have been trying to start a web series as a side project to add in my portfolio. Ive been going to school for Web Design and Media Arts, so ill also setting up a web page for the series. As for the animation, I need help to get episodes finished sooner. Ill send pictures and sketches of stuff that I would like to have re-created as a vector animation(probably in a story board format). The animation style i am going for is something close to adventure time, simple but effective. I may also need characters ( I couldn't fit that in the description) and I again will send descriptions and details, and if you do not like to bone rig, ill do it :D . About the story, it will be a comedy. but for more information about the series please contact me(I don't mean to sound like an A hole but I can't post ideas I plan to pursue). On that note, i am also open to all ideas you may suggest to add characters, plots, ect. Finally, about the pay. I bet you "hear this a lot", but as soon as this series can pick up some income, with advertisement on its page and sales stuff, you get income as well (since you help made it possible). Also, if you decide to help me out, I would appreciate it if you would stick around for other projects, I guess you can say I am looking for more of a "team" then for help, but ill take what I can get :) and I give credit to where credit is due.

For my contact information please message me. But if you have to use my email because you may be reading this and not have an account. you can message shmics707 @ live.com. (no spaces,duh)

For contact after Lost marble forums, I would appreciate if you can use Skype or some other fast speech communication, but preferably Skype.

About me, I am a very determined genius.OK, maybe not a complete genius, but this series will happen and ill make it successful.and when it does, I plan on opening a big studio for all media outputs (got to dream big right?), I also create music. you will hear a lot of talk box and Vocoders in the mentioned series.
I plan to make every I/WE do original.
IaMocraM

Re: Need .AS scenery and props -no pay(for now) -please read

Post by IaMocraM »

Seriously now, kkrawal.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Seriously, determinated genious, you should learn to do the hard work yourself or get some money to pay for it.
There's a lot of people coming here for free stuff, all with the promise of credits (which are nothing but obvious) and maybe a future payment. The answer is always the same I just wrote, longer or shorter.

If you want to learn, welcome to the forum, we will be happy to help you to solve any problem you have and teach you anything you could need. This is a great community for that.
You must consider most of the people here have the same dream you have, create their own animations and get funding for that.

If you want something for free, you could follow the kkrawal's advice. Maybe you could adapt some that backgrounds to your needs.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
IaMocraM

Post by IaMocraM »

thanks for your thoughts selgin, but that sounds like a personal problem. all you had to do was to show me where i can find an appropriate discussion where animators get together and start projects for the love of animating, because i could not find any. I am aware that I posted in the "job" topic, but it does not change the offer, If you get where i am coming from you can accept it, and if not then let it be, there is no point in loosing sleep over it.
acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IaMocraM

Post by IaMocraM »

haha alright, let me make this clear for the mentally challenged. There are some who like to draw with vectors using anime studio, no rigging or anything extra like building houses, if you would like to be a part of something we can work on a project that I have an idea for. I will personally be putting in the man hours to get everything done, all you would have to do would be the same thing you been doing on your free time, drawing vector stuff. no deadlines, no pressure, simple as that. you will wont be drawing much because ill be drawing most of it, But since I want this to develop in to a project that shows a little different taste in style of the art (which is a strong concept for the idea) it will be faster to have a few things drawn differently. so metaphorically speaking, it will be like coming in to my completed house and saying, " you know what. this picture frame is a little too similar to the one in the hallway. lets change it"

now please, If you can not understand that then i don't know what else to tell you AS forum nazis. I don't mind if you get on me for posting in a "wrong" topic, you can even make a topic with its own discussions saying how much I depress you, It wont bother me. I know the what I am looking for, and if I find someone like me who creates animations because they just like to draw/animate and show the world something they made, then great, but if not then that is fine too, again it does not bother me. Like i said before, the offer is still the same no matter what topic you place this post in.
acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IaMocraM

Post by IaMocraM »

I agree. then I would not have to say such ignorant comments on the forum. I was surprised there where not any list for my kind of situation. I mean, this is an AS dedicated forum, most of the "free jobs" are just people trying to get help from fellow as animators, but then get a verbal scolding for not know where to properly post their offer, even tweaking it to sound more like a "job" then just a fun project to do. and I read through some of the other job post, and to the animators who need a living off this stuff seemed pretty ticked off, I don't mean to offend any of you. i am just trying to get a word out and this seemed like the only topic to post something to where as "getting involved". Why there is not a kind of "join a project" section is beyond me, but unfortunately i am going to keep this post here and remain topically ignorant until there's a proper section for this.

Again, if you wasted your time reading all this because it meant nothing towards your expectations, I'm Sorry.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I think the correct course of action is probably to start posting your work on this project in the general discussion or 'my work' section - the ONLY way anyone will distinguish wether they have any common ground with you is to see your determination to make it happen by actually doing it. As you post your progress, you may find more people interested in collaboration... right now, to use your analogy, it's more like you saying "hey guys, I have this really great house which I'm not going to show you but the picture frame in the hallway needs changing - please make me a new one"

post your drawings, post your concepts, post some work, script, storyboards - something tangible - ANYTHING, and hope that people will join you in your dream, but right now it's all empty promises from an unknown person with a large ego. Show that you are actually doing it, determined and focused, and that you're doing it without help but help would speed things up.

You say you make music - imagine what you've done is like walking into a music production club and saying to everyone there, people you've never met or established any friendship or credentials with, "HEY! I'm a genius music producer, please produce my music for me based on my idea - then when I release it and make millions, i'll give you some because you helped make it happen" no?

p.s. perhaps rather than a 'work for free' section it should be called 'collaboration corner' or something - a little less negative, and a 'safe place' for newbies to meet, start new projects and exchange their dreams of living off youtube royalties.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

you AS forum nazis
Please refrain from insulting people here.

And listen to funks, he's completely right. Nobody here knows you, you don't have any posting history here, so why on earth should anybody just throw in time and work for you? This is the internet, first you have to show something. The quality of your own work may convince others to work with you, but nothing else.