Animation Job for LARGE audience [non paid]

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DesandNate

Animation Job for LARGE audience [non paid]

Post by DesandNate »

Hello, my name is Destery Smith and I operate a YouTube channel with a little over 500,000 Subscribers.

Lately I have decided my personal channel needs a boost in quality by having a cool animated intro into each video.

The details of this can be discussed at a later time, but essentially I need a 5 to 6 second animation introducing each video.

How I will be "PAYING" you will be in promotion. If you have a YouTube channel or a website that you feel needs more light shed onto it, I pull in 300,000 views or more for each personal channel video, and each viewer I'm sure would love to see who made the animation.

I will also be mentioning you in the first video that uses this animation, so hopefully this is enough incentive.

REPLY to me, and my email is also listed, so whichever is easier.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I have seen your channel before.

Can you go into a little more detail on what level of animation you are looking for? We run from beginners to amateur to Pros that actually work in a studio full time.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

And there was I thinking that this was going to be animation aimed at fat people.
DesandNate

Post by DesandNate »

Thanks for the prompt responses, and to be honest, I was looking for more the upper level/pro work done. I'll send a youtube video of the quality of animation was astonished at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Djywcs9Ztk

This is level of detail I was looking at. Get back to me if this is do-able.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

selgin did a lot on that. I doubt you will get that quality of animation for just a mention on your Site. That kind of work cost in the thousands of Dollars to create.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

I know there are some who disagree, but I find threads in the job section requesting animation for token/zero pay, or in return for "exposure", to be patronising and highly offensive. (Group collab projects are a different matter.)

For what it's worth, I feel that this and similar threads should be deleted.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Woah, my name will be mentioned? Once? BIG incentive!

Seriously, mate, it doesn't work like that. You want animation of professional level, so you have to pay professional wages. Since certain jobs need the same amount of time no matter how short the result is, like design and rigging, your 6 seconds will ring up at about 1000.- € at least. (See why TV ads are so expensive?)

For some of us this amount of money means one month of life. Do you really expect any of us to work for free this long?
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Mad and Slow. I totally agree. I have asked repeatedly in the past for the jobs section to be divided into more appropriate headings. For someone to offer "Hits" or "Credits" as a form of payment for animation services can be quite insulting to certain members of the forum.

No offence to anyone intended. This is'nt a job request. Really! Cmon guys.

D.K
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, seriously, I think you must pay for that work. I have no problem to work for free, but it has to be for a good cause and I must like the project and author. So, generally I work for friend or students which really can't pay the animation.
You only want a short animation for your youtube videos. That's not an altruistic enough project to ask it for free. Pay with credits and viewers is not really a payment and, believe me, for an animator it doesn't change the things at all.
So, you want an introduction because you want your videos look cooler, you have two options: Pay for it or, if you can't or don't want to pay, learn a software and make it yourself. AS is a good program and we can help you with your doubts here (for free).

PD: I added [non paid] to the title of thread, to keep things clear.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel