[paid] Full length animated movie, animation team needed

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

archiveofeverything

[paid] Full length animated movie, animation team needed

Post by archiveofeverything »

Hi there,

We're a small production team looking for extra animators to help produce a full-length (120 minute) animated comedy film.

We have characters and backgrounds already rigged in Anime Studio and we will be doing approximately 50% of the animation ourselves but we are looking for one or maybe two extra animators to help with the workload and animate the more complex parts of the film.

So, there will be no drawing/designing/rigging involved, just animating and lip-syncing.

We are in the process of securing funding for the film (Have a film distributor very interested in the project) and we're wanting to draw up a rough budget, so if you are able to email an animation portfolio and a rough quote for your work.

please email details to harrytotalgod@gmail.com
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Good luck with the project!

an aside:
I don't want to be seen as pooing on yet another animation job post, pooing isn't what I'm dooing. but as a consumer, maybe 120 minutes is a bit ambitious? most comedy movies are under 90 minutes nowadays, which suggests even the best in the business can't keep an audience that long... perhaps it would be enough to pitch if you managed to get a couple of 5 minute scenes with a following on youtube? just my humble opinion... :)
archiveofeverything

Hey, thanks for the reply. The final edit will be at around 90 minutes, but the script is 120 pages so around 120minutes will be produced and then chopped down to 90minutes.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Hey, thanks for the reply. The final edit will be at around 90 minutes, but the script is 120 pages so around 120minutes will be produced and then chopped down to 90minutes.
Did I hear correctly? You are going to animate 120 minutes then cut the film down to 90 minutes? :shock:
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

AmigaMan wrote:
Did I hear correctly? You are going to animate 120 minutes then cut the film down to 90 minutes? :shock:
lol I'm a total hobbiest and even I can see that animation is one of the most intensive/expensive part of the process and I guess why everything possible is done to ensure no frame is 'cut' with scripts/storyboard/animatics. I think we must have misheard.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

SvenFoster wrote:What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
Well, I've put my left leg in and I'm waiting further instructions. You can't be too careful...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

archiveofeverything wrote:Hey, thanks for the reply. The final edit will be at around 90 minutes, but the script is 120 pages so around 120minutes will be produced and then chopped down to 90minutes.
It is not uncommon to have an additional 8 cutting frames for a scene. That's probably as much over-animation you are likely to see. All animated films are 'pre-edited', that is, the script is refined, the storyboard is refined, the leica reel (animatic) is refined, the voice actors lines are cut, timed and the barsheets made.

Then you animate the bloody thing for 2-3 years.

One additional - an animation script is not the same as live action script. In most cases, one page = 30 seconds as every shoot is a 'scene'. Live action is one minute to the page: The director figures out the shots on set. In animation, the director sorts out the shots on the storyboard and NLE Leica reel. As scenes are completed, the colour takes are cut into the Leica reel, so that you know how the thing is progressing.

Sounds like you need to return to the script and do a little more work to get it into format and time tight.

Rhoel
archiveofeverything

Sorry, let me be a little clearer on what we're doing. :-)

The script has been finalised and had a good sift through with a script editor.
The distributor is pretty keen on including deleted and extended scenes on the DVD and there are a couple of scenes that we're still unsure whether to keep or not. There are some extra bits that we're putting after the credits as well as a few bonus features for DVD also.
We're looking at around a 120 minutes of animation, we havent put together an animatic yet, so when thats finalised we'll be able to judge exactly how long the feature will be.
I didn't want to tell people about animating for a 90 minute feature and then the work turns into 120 minutes. Thought I'd be honest! ;-)
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I sent an email seeing if I could get more details on this but never got a reply? How about posting a screenshot or two and a little more detail of the animation itself. This will help if an animator is even interested for the task. ;)
archiveofeverything

:-) will reply to all emails tonight. I did get yours thanks!
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

jahnocli wrote:
SvenFoster wrote:What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
Well, I've put my left leg in and I'm waiting further instructions. You can't be too careful...
this is the important bit, pay attention.
Now take your left leg out.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Anybody got an answer from him yet?
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

slowtiger wrote:Anybody got an answer from him yet?
nope
pat-mosquera

Re: [paid] Full length animated movie, animation team needed

Post by pat-mosquera »

Hello, i send you my reel, Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7m9wZCWWxc
Animation from Ecuador!!