Long Term Contractor or Full Time Remote Position in India

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

spremraj

Long Term Contractor or Full Time Remote Position in India

Post by spremraj »

Hello,

I am in the process of starting a bootstrapped education company which provides an interactive learning experience for school teachers. Our plan is to develop many animation based lessons for different concepts and provide it in an interactive environment where multiple students can work on it and teacher gets a performance overview of the entire class. I have one story board artist who is learning Anime Studio to develop the content storyboard and scripts. I would like to have another person who is more technical in the Anime Studio functionality on my team.

This will be a long term position. I dont care if it is contract based on full time. The salary for this animator would be anywhere from Rs 10,000 to Rs 40,000 per month depending on your experience, creativity and communication skills.

If you are not located in India then the position will mainly be a per lesson contract and please be aware this is a self funded venture.

When you contact me, please send me a portfolio of all the things you have done. Your experience level in 2D animation and your experience level in Anime Studio.

thanks,

Senthil
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

wow. I don't know if that's a good rate in India, but subject to experience level I'd expect an animator to be paid between 10,000 to 40,000 per DAY, not per month. :shock: You're probably better off looking for someone locally.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

10000 rupees = 208 usd
40000 rupees = 832 usd

That's allot for a days work! :)

But I agree with funksmaname here, you will probably have better chance to find someone locally, even if it means training them on Anime Studio!
dm

Post by dm »

GCharb wrote:10000 rupees = 208 usd
40000 rupees = 832 usd

Guild: Key Assistant Animators, USA, get around $38/hr for the first eight hours. Overtime after that-10 hr day is standard in Los Angeles. Most of the lower pay animators hover in the $25-28 per hour range. Digital animators are more into the low $40's. Depending on where you work (contract varies by company).

Cost of living in India is probably a little lower than it is in much of the rest of the world. Regardless of that, seems pretty reasonable for a self-funded payout. How many people on this board could pay that amount?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Re-read the original post. That's 10,000 to 40,000 RS per MONTH! Cost of living would have to be a LOT lower!
dm

Post by dm »

cost of living IS a lot lower. Outsourcing animation to India can be as little as 1 / 10th the cost of having it done in the US. Remember, there are over half a billion people in India in poverty. I would imagine the listed rate is pretty fair pay for most cities there. Still, it is self-financed.

http://www.outsource2india.com/creative ... animations

(I could be wrong. It's been a few years since I dealt with anything in India. But, back then, animators could be got for something like $10 a day, and I think part of that went to the commission of the person in charge of the whole affair).
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

208 a day isn't that much, 832 is for a day, but FULL TIME?
8 hours a day, 20 days a month thats like $5 an hour, or $40 a day at the TOP end of what he's offering...
Ask me, $40would be acceptable place to start an hourly rate :P
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

funksmaname wrote:208 a day isn't that much, 832 is for a day, but FULL TIME?
8 hours a day, 20 days a month that's like $5 an hour, or $40 a day at the TOP end of what he's offering...
Ask me, $40would be acceptable place to start an hourly rate :P
$832 is for one month, not per day, so the salary is $4.80 per hour tops or $38 per day.

Rhoel
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

that's what I said... :P
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

If normal rate in India is 1/10 of what it is in America, then these sound like good salaries for India.
bhargavmedhi

Interested in your project

Post by bhargavmedhi »

Hi,
I am from India, and interested in your project.

Below link will take you to few of my sample works.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bhargavmedhi

Regards
Bhargav Medhi
bhargavmedhi@gmail.com
dm

Re: Interested in your project

Post by dm »

bhargavmedhi wrote:Hi,
I am from India, and interested in your project.
So, two respondents from India. Would you be comfortable commenting on the 'fairness' of the pay offered? (high, low, average)?

More as an educational thing for the highly paid people here who think that's really low...
cocoOS

Post by cocoOS »

man, if you need a animator or you could find me a job where they will pay me 38/h I would be really happy!!... :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..I'm living in brazil now and here pay aprox $20 for hour..and you need do everything (draw,animate,editing,etc)

dm wrote:
GCharb wrote:10000 rupees = 208 usd
40000 rupees = 832 usd

Guild: Key Assistant Animators, USA, get around $38/hr for the first eight hours. Overtime after that-10 hr day is standard in Los Angeles. Most of the lower pay animators hover in the $25-28 per hour range. Digital animators are more into the low $40's. Depending on where you work (contract varies by company).

Cost of living in India is probably a little lower than it is in much of the rest of the world. Regardless of that, seems pretty reasonable for a self-funded payout. How many people on this board could pay that amount?