Volunteers - Animators

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Evalin77

Volunteers - Animators

Post by Evalin77 »

Hi Folks,

I am looking for Flash animators who would be interested in doing a series of web animation (simple and enjoyable movements that are used to enhance the whole-brain learning experience). The flash animations will be about two minutes or even shorter. At first, the animation will be once a week, but would like to increase it to once a day if possible.

I will develop the content and will need someone else to do the animation. The content will be very different and very interesting. The project is ideal for those interested in gaining more experiences, enhancing their skills, those who are looking for new opportunities, or those who want to use their skills to do something good (idealist). Bascially, anyone who loves creating animations in Flash and love to create work for varied audiences is very welcome.

Here comes the good part. This is a volunteer work but it will definitely be a strong portfolio material. There are perks. Your work will be seen by thousands of web users. The project will provide you with content, so you can focus on doing what you do best: drawing and animating. Third, the project will challenge you, in fact, you many feel like Superman or Superwoman. Fourth, and most important, the project will be fun.

If you are interested, drop me a note. If you know others who might be interested, please have them contact me.
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

So these animations will be seen on a website? Will people subscribe to the website? Will there be adverts on the website? If so, can the animators have a share of the revenue?

If there is no payment, will the animators keep the copyright on their animations? Or do they have to assign them to you?

Finally, why Flash? Can't we use any software? Do you need SWFs for interactivity?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Two minutes of animation? OK, anytime, for about 8.000 € or 10.000 $ cash.

Do you really think that just another website on a web which is crowded with websites with animation is something special? What's your plan to get more viewers than any other established website, like youtube or vimeo? Exactly how would any exposure on your site enhance my portfolio, other than giving the impression of "this guy's working for free, he can't be that good"?

Anybody can set up a website. A good one even. In fact, we don't need you to get or work shown.

Don't work for free.
http://shouldiworkforfree.com/
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

slowtiger wrote:Don't work for free.
http://shouldiworkforfree.com/
That's a great link, I may even make it my desktop wallpaper!