Looking for Volounteer Animators

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mikarru

Looking for Volounteer Animators

Post by mikarru »

Hello,
My name is Alena, I'm trying to start up an animation called "The Sock Puppet World". It is about two best friends Al and Freddie that live their daily lives as socks with plenty of adventures everyday. It is about 15-20 minutes long. I have composers, website developer, and voice actors, I'm in charge of the script/storyboard and pretty much everything else. I'd really like to ask anyone out there for help. It is a 2D animation and people seem to like the script. I'm looking for dedicated people that are willing to get this thing off the ground. When we'll start making some profit I will pay for hard work.
For more information contact me or e-mail me.

Thank you.
mikarru

Sample script

Post by mikarru »

REMOVED SAMPLE SCRIPT
Last edited by mikarru on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

This is not an animation script - it's lacking in many things - location and action data is obligatory.

Code: Select all

10: INT. - COCKPIT SPACESHIP.
Wide reverse shot from inside the cockpit - looking
forwards. We see Bad Dog and Panda excitedly leave their
seats and head towards camera and the suit-up area.

Sister “A” is still at her controls. Fat Boy is walking
behind Bad Dog.

SISTER “A”: (o.s.)
Sorry Panda, you and Bad Dog have
to stay here and look after the
ship.

11: INT. - COCKPIT SPACESHIP.
Bad Dog and Panda look shocked and disappointed.

BAD DOG:
But .. But .. but I thought we were
going too.

...etc
If you are working with contributors who are not in your office, you have to cross the I's and dot the T's. Waste of people's time otherwise.

Rhoel
mikarru

Post by mikarru »

I posted the script i can't post storyboard as well. Mostly because i can't upload pictures here. Like i said before if you want more information i'll be happy to provide it via e-mail.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

This could be funny if done with real socks and a video camera. No need for animation here.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

mikarru wrote:I posted the script i can't post storyboard as well. Mostly because i can't upload pictures here. Like i said before if you want more information i'll be happy to provide it via e-mail.
I think some of us here are coming at projects from a different angle ... An animation script for 20 minute will be about 40 pages long. That will provide the animators and team with some real meat to work with.

ST works pro animation in Berlin, I worked pro camera for Murakami-Wolfe Dublin, also features in London and Berlin (in same studio as the Slowtiger) ... currently working in Asia, often series script writing. There are experienced guys from South America, Australia and the U, all who help share experience to get new projects of the ground: Can't always help with the animation but the shared experience can help make/break a potential project.

Not pouring cold water on the project but there are a lot of people who arrive in the Jobs section with a "do lots of work for free" requests. Many are simply not ready to start production, others so obscure they will never see a financial return for many months of work.

What is lacking here is a series synopsis, character studies, background styles etc. If you didn't have access to an image server, Flickr or image shack are good options as you can set images to private, then link to here. Visual can make or break a project: Give people that 'wow, I want to work on this', the drive needed to sustain them for 6 months hard graft.

SlowTiger might have hit the nail on the head - is this really a 2D project? Might it be better live as glove puppets (on green screen over live backgrounds), or as stop motion .. the latter nowadays only requires a good dSLR and software like StopMotion Pro.

Expand the view of the project and people will get more enthusiastic about it, contribute more.

If you need help on the script format, email me.

Rhoel
mikarru

Post by mikarru »

I understand that people who work hard and have the experience want to be paid. Fair enough. I did mention I am looking for people to help out. You don't have to do it if you don't want to. And please stop discussing the fact that you'd rather enjoy socks on video, I honestly wouldn't, and well I don't think THAT would ever get popular.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

You've got to sell your idea, whether you are paying people or not. So far, you are not doing a very good job. You want dedicated people? Give then something to be dedicated about. A scene change and a dozen lines of uninspiring dialogue don't make a script. If you've got a website developer, get some stuff up there and point people to it.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mikarru

Post by mikarru »

Thank you for the attention. I've found some people to work with.