Seeking Animators for Project - Payment as % of Profits

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NewBabyProd

Seeking Animators for Project - Payment as % of Profits

Post by NewBabyProd »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-FCdaWoOCo

We are looking to expand on the work done by Doug Simon for the initial short found in the above video. We would like to create a film that incorporates more of our story, with voices, sound, better effects, and more movement. It is my hope that others would like to join our team as we work towards that goal. As we are still in the planning stage, anyone with animation skills and experience is welcome to contact me at eric@elementalfources.com.

The plan is to utilize a Kickstarter compaign to secure minor funding for the development, marketing, and distribution of the film. Profits (if any) from sales or prizes will be shared amongst the team.

The story is adapted from a short story by H.G. Wells and ties into a graphic novel that we are currently producing.

Eric Mullarky
New Baby Productions
www.NewBabyProductions.com
Last edited by NewBabyProd on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I seriously suggest that posts like this should be tagged "NO PAYMENT" in the subject.
The plan is to utilize a Kickstarter compaign to secure minor funding for the development, marketing, and distribution of the film. Any profits from sales or prizes will be shared amongst the team.
translates directly to "we can't pay anyone right now, and we can't guarantee that we will ever be able to".
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Well, the animation and images you've produced so far are pretty good! As slowtiger says, though, maybe it would be better to drop all pretence at payment and just call it fan art or something! Good luck with it, anyway!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
NewBabyProd

Post by NewBabyProd »

Sorry guys. I have edited the post and title.
I was not trying to be deceptive at all. This is definitely a project more suited for a hobbyist than a freelancer.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Thank you for correcting this. And respect to you, it's quite rare that posters in this section take criticism with such grace.

(While I can't connect to the story, I certainly like the designs - you've got something special there.)
NewBabyProd

Post by NewBabyProd »

slowtiger wrote:(While I can't connect to the story, I certainly like the designs - you've got something special there.)
Thank you sir!