Screenwriters looking for Animators for Collaboration

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JeremySpoken

Screenwriters looking for Animators for Collaboration

Post by JeremySpoken »

My writing partner and I are screenwriters who are looking to work with animators to develop an animated comedy series. In the past we've had some measure of success, with one of our teleplays being chosen as a finalist in the FOX-NYTVF Comedy Script Contest (i.e. we’re not completely untalented).

Our intention is to initially produce a few short pieces (3-5 minutes at most) that we can submit to a site like Channel Frederator. If these go well we’d like to try our hand at a TV Pilot (around 22 minutes) that can be submitted to various television festivals, such as the Independent Television Festival (ITVFest) and the New York Television Festival (NYTVF).

We’re looking for an animator or small animation team that has a distinctive style which can be rendered quickly and isn’t extremely labor intensive. Outside of the obvious choices (like say, South Park), we’re fans of shows with an offbeat sense of humor and style like Archer, Home Movies, Dr. Katz, and The Life and Times of Tim. Rather than possessing a single idea that we’re crazy about, we’re interested in tailoring a story and comic sensibility to a style of animation.

This is unpaid, but anything that we make will be produced as a partnership and will be the property of both the writers and animators. If you're interested, please send me links to clips that you have on a video-sharing site or on your own website and I’ll be happy to send you one of our teleplays.

To send your work and/or get more info, e-mail me at Jeremy.H.Spoken@gmail.com.
Darkmatter2D

Post by Darkmatter2D »

Is the job still available?
God so loved the world that he sketched it on a tablet