Book trailer needed

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AdamBolander

Book trailer needed

Post by AdamBolander »

Hey there! My name is Adam Bolander, and I am a self published author. My book is entitled The Sword: Call to War (here is a link if you want to learn more: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperbac...shelf/center/2 ) I have recently found myself on the market for an animator to make a short trailer for it to put on youtube. Is there anyone on here who would be interested? If you wish to do this, you will need to show me how good you are, so that I know I'm putting my book in capable hands. If I do not pick you it is not anything against you, its just that this book is my pride and joy and I want it to look as good as possible. The one who is chosen will recieve a free copy of the book to work from, and will be thanked by name in the second book. If you wish, I can even pay you a little bit (not too much though, as I am about to go into college, own a truck, and just got into a car wreck) I am hoping for something around this quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XYgtSCHvp4 though I wouldn't say no to something even better!
Paul Mesken

Re: Book trailer needed

Post by Paul Mesken »

AdamBolander wrote:I am hoping for something around this quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XYgtSCHvp4 though I wouldn't say no to something even better!
Heck! Throw in a six pack and a bag of peanuts and I'm sure you can get a couple of retired Disney animators for your epic.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Adam, first of all, congratulations for your self published book. I have wrote some tales (in spanish) and published with my friends in very poor free editions. My brother is a semi recognized poet and playwright, my parents knew each other on a poetry workshop, my father writes tenths and have a book edited here and in Spain, the tv we have in home is a price my mother won some time ago in a poetry contest and, well, my house is really full of books. What I mean with all this family summary is that I could say I understand your excitement, even when I'm not very fan of my own texts.
Now, about animation (because finally I became some kind of animator/journalist and not a writer with a pipe on his mouth), sorry, but you are asking a lot and practically for free. I'm sure it's just innocent ignorance, but to produce a short film, even a very bad one, requires a lot of effort and, more important, a lot of time.
Generally, when people come here and asks fantastic animations for free (or close) they are -between jokes- repudiated by forum members. Personally, I have worked on several free animations, but always when the project is convincing enough for me and I know the person I'm working for and feel that deserves it.

I have two advices for you. First, better than any promo video is always be writing and reading. A text always can be polish. And more you read, better tools to play with your language you will have (because books are not just about the story, it implies how you tell it).
And second, it's mostly an amateur forum, most of us here are learning to be able to produce our own films. If you want an animation, the better way is to learn by yourself. Here you will found a lot of support.

Good luck.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Imago

Post by Imago »

It's a fan animation?
I think a fan like this can beat many "pros"! :wink:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

It's hard to know where to start. Leaving aside the whole talent and experience thing, animation is one of the most labour-intensive activities known to man. You are obviously proud of your work, and would not want anyone to disrespect it. But this is exactly what you are doing to prospective animators. Incidentally, I followed up the link to your book on Lulu, and got the message "This title is not available".

This is your first posting here. You need to do some research on this. You will find that even a minute of quality animation takes time, talent and patience. Thirty second commercials take weeks and months to shoot. Ask any of the people involved if they'd work for beer money and a mention in the credits...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

DK

Post by DK »

These types of posts are the only things that are really getting to me on this forum. Can we put some guidelines in the header to warn people to stop asking for freebies in a JOBS category? Or what about creating a LOOKING FOR A FREE JOB section so that people who don't want to read this stuff don't visit it. Animation is already a tough enough business to make a living at.

D.K